- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
At Self-Portrait we are looking for a motivated and passionate Assistant Designer to join our growing Design team.
As Assistant Designer at Self-Portrait, you will work directly with the Design team and Product Developers, assisting across all stages of the Design process. The right candidate will be a confident user of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as well as having an enthusiastic approach to research and fabric developments.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to learn, take part in all aspects of the design process, and a passion for your work are key. There is a lot of invaluable experience to be learnt as part of our small team, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
- With guidance from senior members of the Team, assist through all stages of the design process, from Initial research stage to Lookbook/Show stage.
-With guidance, be responsible for designing part of the expanding range
- Collaborate with PD team on the creating of Tech Packs
- Carry out focused trend and concept research, comp shops under the decided Direction for each season
- Creating accurate and detailed CAD mock-ups through all stages – amending mock ups in response to fit amends, and ensuring all amendments are reflected in mock ups/ colour ups.
- Ensure design boards, line ups and linesheets are maintained for all collections/capsules.
- Collaborating with the wider Self-Portrait team to ensure that all styles are fit for purpose.
- Supporting the Creative team during photoshoots / shows
Requirements for the Role:
- BA or equivalent qualification in a fashion related subject
- Entry Level - 1-2 years experience in a Contemporary/Premium or Luxury Womenswear Design related role
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Proficient and confident user of Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- A positive can-do attitude, and ability to work independently as well as to embrace teamwork
- Knowledge of fabric bases and an understanding of fabric techniques
- Interest in fashion, awareness of trends and a good understanding of the Self-Portrait aesthetic
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple tasks
- A quick learner with a focused work ethic and excellent attention to detail
Please apply with CV and Portfolio. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
A British brand with a global perspective.
self-portrait are privately owned, independent and unashamedly consumer centric. Behind everything self-portrait does is a desire to uplift, empower and celebrate its customers.
We both embrace and invest in the future of the brand and of the industry.
The self-portrait brand operates 30 stores in the UK, China and Thailand, with a retail network of over 400 stores in 70 countries, seeing an average of 60,000 unique visitors to its e-commerce website each week.
Since debuting with womenswear, the brand has also expanded to include categories such as swimwear, bridal, bags, accessories and childrenswear.
self-portrait is part of the newly formed SP Collection, a group that has been set up to discover, nurture, and develop best in class creativity and design. Roland Mouret joined the group back in 2021.
90-98 GOSWELL ROAD
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert