Director, Information Security
- Santa Monica, California
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Director / President / C Suite
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures to protect the organization's information assets
- Identify and assess potential security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities, and implement appropriate measures to mitigate them
- Develop and deploy an information security management framework
- Provide thought leadership and guidance around security to the CTO, and other tech leadership
- Develop and maintain incident response and disaster recovery plans, and ensure that they are regularly tested and updated
- Monitor and analyze security events and incidents, and provide regular reports to senior management and other stakeholders
- Provide guidance and support to the organization's employees on security best practices and awareness training
- Work closely with other departments, such as IT, legal, and compliance, to ensure that security measures are integrated into all business processes
- Continuously evaluate and improve the organization's security posture through risk assessments, audits, and other security assessments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security
- 8+ years of experience in a technical role
- E-commerce, consumer web or saas experience is a plus
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CRISC are highly desirable
- Red Team experience is a plus
- Deep understanding of technology . It is difficult to protect the company from threats unless you understand them
What You'll Bring:
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration: we work in small cross-functional teams and as individual engineers. We are not afraid of challenges and working together to tackle them
- Positive attitude: we are self-starters who love to solve problems with technologies
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and an ownership mindset
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $175,000 and $250,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Annual bonus: This position is eligible to participate in the FIGS annual bonus program
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of service
A little bit about us...
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.
FIGS is revolutionizing the $60B medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through a thoughtfully branded and data-driven, digitally native platform. We have transformed the way medical professionals think and purchase their workwear and created a fanatical community made up of roughly one in ten people in the US that work in healthcare. FIGS product quality has set a new standard in apparel design and has a relentless focus on fit, function, design, and comfort. We also give back. Our Threads for Threads initiative is central to the mission and has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries around the world. We're a fast-growing, innovative, and collaborative team whose mission is to serve those who serve others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert