- Dallas, Texas
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Founded in 2012 with the belief there is a better way, Mizzen+Main is a premium men's brand with product rooted in performance fabrics and tailored Silhouettes. We are looking for a Technical Designer with a keen eye for fashion and a strong understanding of pattern-making. The Technical Designer will be an integral part of the production team, working closely with our designer and manufacturers to create a high-quality product. The person in this role will bring with them drive and passion for developing technically sound garments. We are people first, We thing big, We have commitments, We act as owners and We never settle.
- Own fit for Mizzen+Main across all categories. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Develop fit specifications and establish fit blocks for all new products.
- Develop grade rules across size sets for all new products.
- Evaluate and measure samples and protos to determine compliance of specs, construction, quality and design intent.
- Own detailed comments and address all garment corrections with factory representatives.
- Collaborate with design, PD and production to ensure design intent is executed with the highest quality of fit, construction and workmanship while maintaining deadlines.
- Understanding and recommend sewing efficiencies and construction “best practices.”
- Lead fit sessions by understanding the purpose and intent of the garment. Ensure meticulous notes are taken during session so correct information is communicated to vendors for production.
- Maintain clear and timely communication with the applicable vendor base with detailed follow up.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the customer.
- Review feedback from all commercial channels; develop recommendations to improve fit/size specs, and measures results to ensure we're delivering a great fitting product.
- Work within calendar to ensure deadlines are maintained.
- Partner with R&D for proto development and fabric construction insight
- Lead review and work with our commercial channels on fit tools
- Assist with communication to factories on fit and pattern
- Consistently demonstrate and uphold our values to make Mizzen+Main a great place to work.
- Degree in apparel manufacturing, product development or apparel design related field.
- 3 - 5 years experience working as a Technical Designer
- Knowledge of menswear construction is highly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of fabric, apparel, materials, construction and fit
- Must have pattern fit experience as well as understanding of basic apparel production processes.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in basic office software and preferably some PLM experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Dedication and commitment with the ability to learn new skills and adapt to change as our customer’s needs or business model changes.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced setting.
Apply for Technical Designer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert