Associate - Materials, Footwear (Textiles, Leather, Sneakers)
- Tory Burch
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
You are seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
You have a background in supporting teams with their sourcing of Textiles, Leather and Sneaker materials for fashion Footwear and/or Handbags. You want to be a part of a dynamic, collaborative, creative team environment. The right candidate would be able to assist with identifying any foreseeable issues with a material and raising them to the Sr. Manager.
A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You may support reviews of design specifications to identify quality materials. You may also be recommending alternative materials for the senior manager's review. You may be reviewing and tracking the material development in PLM to make sure things arrive on time. Your day will involve working within your team and across different functions to achieve high quality products!
To Land This Role:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience
- Minimum 2 years in footwear or quality materials for handbags
- Proficient in PLM/PDM
- Maintain development tracking and adoption records, providing KPIs seasonally.
- Maintain records and swatches of liabilities and work closely with Design & PD to utilize the inventory when possible.
- Develop material care cards and identify materials that require them.
- Development experience in knitted uppers for sneakers a plus
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Proficient in excel.
- Experience in textile and sneaker materials a plus
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
The Product Development and Production team is a talented group of problem-solvers who work diligently to bring our beautiful collections to life. Our focus is on fulfilling Tory's creative vision and supporting our Design team in delivering extraordinary collections each season. We also collaborate closely with our internal partners and build strong relationships with premier manufacturers and luxury suppliers globally to ensure that our products are flawlessly executed and delivered on time. If you are a team player with a passion for product and an eye for detail, come join us!
How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
The compensation range for this position is 60,000.00 USD - 80,000.00 USD. Our offer will be based on your relevant experience and work location.
We offer a generous set of benefits to help you take care of your heath, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life. Here are highlights of key benefits available to all Tory Burch members that work over 30 hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert