SEO Strategist (TEMP)
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The SEO Strategist will help expand the Organic reach for Bloomingdale's digital properties. The SEO Strategist will report to the Director of SEO and work alongside SEO Content Co-Ordinators, vendor partners and other stakeholders to prioritize and create optimizations to be implemented on Bloomingdale's sites.
In addition, the SEO Strategist plays a central role in several reporting and analysis related tasks, assists in internal training, maintains store listing optimizations and works to ensure that SEO digital marketing strategies are seamlessly integrated into the overall Bloomingdale's marketing program.
- Support a variety of SEO content initiatives, including (but not limited to) conducting keyword research and categorization, creating copy briefs and working with copywriters to produce optimized content for pages.
- Strategic on-page Search Engine Optimization including canonicals, redirects, internal links, different types of meta tags, site structure and HTML/JS.
- Research and production of deliverables and activities, such as keyword scorecards, site hierarchies, copy briefs and monthly reports, utilizing appropriate tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Search Console and other relevant vendor tools.
- Mentor and educate SEO Content Co-Ordinators and other members of the marketing team in SEO strategy.
- Ongoing maintenance of local SEO listings for Bloomingdale's stores and restaurants, using Google My Business and relevant vendor tools.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 3-4 years related experience.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically.
- Strong quantitative and analytical reasoning skills. Prominent financial acumen and analytical ability.
- Understanding of websites, text editors and spreadsheet creation.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert