Public Relations Manager
- Maison Margiela
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Develop & execute overall communications strategy, storytelling and PR plan for all 3 brands
- Develop and implement seasonal strategies to promote a positive brand image for the Designer Portfolio Brands in the USA, including strategic product placements in brand-appropriate & qualitative print and digital media titles across the region
- Develop and implement regional press plans to & product launch strategies tailored to support store openings & retail pushes
- Oversee press requests (features, news coverage, samples, other collateral), with agency.
- Manage all earned media and public relations activities for the brand, with agency
- Monitor & analyze earned media in print and digital, with agency
- Manage guestlist, outreach & attendance for key brand events (Fashion Show & local brand awareness activations)
- Identify and source new opportunities for local PR-worthy activations and partnerships
- Build infrastructure for in-house public relations office, overseeing the transition from 3P agencies to O&O showroom.
- Manage showroom & sample traffic, data management tools, inventory, clipping, contact databases
- Communicate brand image activities internally across corporate and retail teams
- Support HQ PR, marketing, image, VIP and digital teams with international press and marketing activations taking place in the US
- Work cross-functionally across the business units - Ecom, Retail, Wholesale, Merchandising - to align on business opportunities and needs
- Manage department intern, and day to day contact with any agencies in market
- 3-5 years of prior fashion PR experience (in house or agency)
- 1-2 years experience as a manager
- Prior experience at a luxury fashion house, preferably European
- Passion or interest in luxury, fashion, or retail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, with strong organizational and planning abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail and organization skills
- Large professional network in US fashion/lifestyle/luxury media with existing relationships with key press, stylists, and influencers
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to maintain relationships and influence others
- Deep understanding of social media, online marketing, and cultural trends
- Strong knowledge of working in Google docs, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good research and analytical skills
- High work ethic, integrity, and is not scared to "roll up his/her sleeves" to execute and drive results. Has an entrepreneurial attitude
Salary Range: $120,000 to $135,000
Maison Margiela is a fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. The Paris-based house creates womenswear and menswear according to the uniquely unconventional principles imagined by Martin Margiela himself, a philosophy in which deconstruction and heritage go hand in hand to create designs that showcase fashion as an art of meaning rather than a cult of personality. Maison Margiela crosses the fashion spectrum from its ‘Artisanal’ collection, which has held the “Haute Couture” appellation since 2012, through ready-to-wear and accessories.
Maison Margiela became part of OTB in 2002. Along with the group’s sister brands, Margiela continues to push the boundaries of modern fashion while celebrating its unique heritage.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
Daring and ambiguous, the Maison designs Haute Couture, women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, small leather goods, footwear, fine jewelry, fragrances, interior design and MM6, its contemporary line.
Since the opening of its first boutique in Tokyo in 2000, Maison Margiela has developed a strong online retail presence and boutique network worldwide through signature store design and a unique customer experience. Additionally the brand is present in key department and multibrand stores throughout Europe, the US, and Asia.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert