Interim Director of Change and Comms
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Director / President / C Suite
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Reporting to the Programme Lead, the Interim Director of Change and Comms will lead the change management requirements resulting from the delivery of Project Destination.
Project Destination is the major refurbishment of Burberry's head offices in Horseferry Road, London.
The role will involve leading change champion groups, preparing and presenting decks related to the overall change management, managing stakeholders, writing comms and supporting the Programme Lead and the Project Destination team. This role is to ensure the business is prepared for the change through communication, governance, impact assessment and awareness to increase adoption.
- Circa 15 years' change management experience in real estate, or related industry
- Writing and sharing communications in a similar sized business
- Experience setting up and leading change champion groups
- Highly strategic and operational and an ability to balance the two
- Experience creating and presenting change decks
- Ideally experience working on a property refurbishment programme
Leaderships and communication skills;
- Proven ability to lead and influence without direct authority
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely
- Excellent proven stakeholder management skills at Board and/or ExCo level
- A proven ability to work through ambiguity with successful outcomes
- Delivery of robust change management on the project in accordance with the governance requirements
- Development and maintenance of effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with the programme's strategic and delivery objectives
- Create and lead on the change management and communication plan for the lifecycle of the project. To minimise resistance and maximise employee adoption
- Provide the business with change management communication to ensure the impact of the change is understood and the business impact minimised
- Create the Impact Assessment Plan on the project to highlight the cross-project dependencies and interrelated activities, and deliverables
- Deliver commercial, financial and schedule performance for all relevant projects in accordance with project objectives, including maintaining high standards for budgeting, forecasting, commercial
- Participate in supporting the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables as project progresses with effective change management
- Engage business functional leads to maintain programme vision sponsorship and collaboration
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date master programme plans, continually revising to reflect changes in the programme
- Create and maintain accurate programme-wide Risk / Assumption / Issues / Dependencies (RAID) log and ensure that the relevant parties are involved in addressing each factor
- Holding and chairing regular meetings with key partners inside the business to co-ordinate and communicate important updates to the business
DEGREE OF IMPACT
- Horseferry House campus (Horseferry House 1 and Horseferry House 2)
- All HFH colleagues (circa 1500)
- Multi-million £ project
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || CORPORATE AFFAIRS || CORPORATE - ASSET & PROFIT PROTECTION || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert