Director of Sales
- Swim USA
- New York City, New York (US)
- $120,000+, annual bonus program, excellent benefits 1st of the month after 30 days of employment
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Sales & Business Development
- Director / President / C Suite
- Contract Type
- Full Time
SWIM USA is looking for a talented, dynamic Director of Sales to manage of one our top retail partnerships. Our Director of Sales will work closely with our Sales VP to evaluate current process and protocol, identify best practices and opportunities for improvement, and drive outcomes that position us to meet / exceed our annual revenue targets and profitability goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets. Collaborate with SVP to prepare and present annual revenue and strategy report to Exec. Board, including forces that could require shifts in our strategic direction and tactical budget. Provide regular progress reports to SVP and Exec. Board. Continually identify new short-term and long-term opportunities, and if applicable develop product offering(s) based client / market needs. Participate in financial modeling, pricing decisions, and cost negotiations to optimize our profitability. Participate in weekly cross-functional team meetings to ensure strategic objectives are universally understood, proactive measures are being considered / taken to mitigate exposure and eliminate risk, and all client deliverables are being achieved. Interpret and evaluate pricing and contracts to ensure proper adherence, mitigate exposure, and eliminate risk, while achieving expected profit margins. Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with clients to ensure we always understand their current and future business needs. Constantly study industry trends and changing landscapes to effectively communicate value propositions in our presentations / proposals. Motivate, coach, and train team members. Set goals that clearly define ownership and expectations and hold team members accountable for achievement, while also providing constructive feedback and recognizing / rewarding their accomplishments. Uncover valuable intelligence / information about key competitors. Direct reports include three (3) Account Managers, two (2) Sales Support personnel, and often one (1) Student Intern. Indirect management includes cross-functional teams comprised of Design, Sourcing & Product Development, Technical Service, and Production personnel. Perform other responsibilities and duties as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, retail sales & marketing, and/or retail buying or planning.
Experience: Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience, including min. three (3) years managing and motivating a team. Expert-level understanding of sales and marketing, with documented, measurable success developing sales strategies and growth initiatives, implementing action plans, and delivering outcomes (ideally through a lens of differentiation and added value).
- Highly self-motivated with ability to multi-task, work independently, pay close attention to detail, and generate results in a fast-paced environment. Team-oriented with desire for our company and our clients to win. Commitment to excellence. Accustomed to a “whatever-it-takes” approach to achieve client deliverables. Flexible and responsive in a demanding, but fun and supportive environment. Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. Ability to influence while equally demonstrating sound business judgement. Solid listening skills and a consultative sales approach that lends itself to superior customer service, and earns trusting, long-lasting relationships. Proven ability to build relationships with Buyers, Planners, and Sourcing Managers, as well as Divisional Managers / Key Decision Makers. Strong computer competency and knowledgeable in all Microsoft Suite applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint). Added benefit if candidate has advanced knowledge in Google AdWords, SEO, PPC, and social commerce.
Travel: Domestic Travel: Approx. 10-15%
Working Conditions (i.e., employee works in office, warehouse, etc.): Primarily in-office with some remote working opportunity.
SWIM USA is an EOE
Swim USA designs, markets, and manufactures women’s swimwear for consumers around the world. Our long-term success was founded on the principles of delivering high quality apparel, superior customer service, and a strong team-oriented culture. We pride ourselves on being a leader in the industry continuously outperforming expectations in all facets of our business.
610 Uhler Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert