Managing Director of Product Development & Production
- Susan Alexandra
- New York City, New York (US)
- Commensurate with Experience. RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS IN PDF FORM ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Director / President / C Suite
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Position Summary: Susan Alexandra is seeking an experienced Director of Product Development & Production to join our small but mighty team in NYC. The Managing Director of Product Development & Production works with our Founder to develop new products and leads an internal and external contract team of domestic and overseas production. Organization is at the core of this role; keeping track of development projects, preparing meetings, pitching ideas, providing data driven solutions, improving costing in all areas, keeping track of all products in relation to launch dates, and keeping track of re-orders based on sell through, etc. Within the small business context of Susan Alexandra, wearing many hats and lateral participation is a must. Along with departmental directorship, this role is a pillar for the brand and overall managerial responsibilities are required. We are seeking a leader who is dedicated, excited, enthusiastic and willing to be involved in all aspects of the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
Participate in meetings cross functionally with sales, operations, and marketing to have visibility into company initiatives, key sellers, and support any business needs. Drive communications in regard to Product Development and Production. Participate in general housekeeping and studio “ownership” to all aspects of our Susan Alexandra Studio. Maintain a positive and professional demeanor with co-workers and customers.
Product Development: Oversee all product development and sampling of jewelry, bags, homeware, etc. with internal and external teams locally, domestically, and overseas.
- Work with the Founder to contribute to product design and ideation.
- Oversee the sampling process during and after designs are approved by Susan to ensure quality, price, and deadline requirements are met. Sampling is done both domestically and overseas, experience with both markets is preferred.
- Maintain product info chart for all new and current Susan Alexandra products with pricing, supplier info, style numbers, and photos.
- Create tech packs and mockups of all new and current Susan Alexandra products and upload assets on the company shared drive.
- Keep visibility into any new jewelry sampling & assist with concept and construction ideation where needed.
- Ensure that any development is performed in accordance with calendared launch dates.
- Source, track, and reorder white label items to fill out collection.
Production: Oversee all product production of jewelry, bags, homeware, etc. with internal and external teams locally, domestically, and overseas.
- Critically assess all production to ensure the best profit margins within ethical standards.
- Improve margins on current product production.
- Oversee in-house jewelry team on jewelry production and wholesale.
- Oversee local beaded items (bags, home, etc.) teams on beaded item production and wholesale particularly regarding timelines, quality, and ensuring guidelines and specifications are followed.
- Ensure all manufacturers are equipped with sufficient supplies on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the studio is well stocked with all materials for both handbags and jewelry.
- Ensure orders to manufacturers are placed to domestic manufacturers, monitor due date and production deadlines, and conduct quality checks.
- Manage the wear testing process.
- Maintain relationships with overseas vendors, oversee any and all overseas development, and negotiate costing.
- Place PO's when necessary to overseas suppliers.
- Oversee internal and domestic jewelry.
- Oversee beaded items PO’s with the Fulfillment team.
- Ensure store orders are being entered into the Internal PO system; have visibility into any store needs + ensure they are being met.
As an employee of Susan Alexandra LLC, you are also eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid holidays, subject to change on an annual basis, currently there are 6 in the calendar year.
- Paid time off of three weeks (120 hours) available to use after 90 days of employment. Paid time off does not carry over from year to year.
- NYC Earned Safe and Sick Time, accruing at the rate of 1 hours of paid safe/sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to 40 hours.
- New York Paid Family Leave begins after 26 consecutive weeks of working 20 or more hours per week. You will be eligible for 12 weeks of leave at the lesser rate of 67% of the employee’s AWW or 67% of the SAWW. The name of the Company’s Paid Family Leave carrier is AP Intego and deductions will be taken from your pay as allowed by law.
- Employee allowance of one item per month, for a maximum value of $2,000 per year. Items will be treated for tax purposes as required by law and selected items must be approved by the owner.
Your employment with Susan Alexandra will be on an at-will basis, which means you and the company are free to terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason. This letter is not a contract or guarantee of employment for a definite amount of time. Further, Susan Alexandra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants in accordance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
Apply for Managing Director of Product Development & Production
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert