- Show Me Your Mumu
- Los Angeles County, California
- $23-24/hour DOE
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Editorial & Media
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
Show Me Your Mumu is looking for a Photo Retoucher/Editor to work alongside the creative team. The individual in this role will handle post-production editing and will work closely with the content team and graphic designers. The images worked on will be used across platforms and range from eComm, video, lifestyle and cell phone. You will need to possess an eye for color, presentation, strong attention to detail and an understanding of standards across photographers, designers and graphic designers. This is an opportunity for someone who is ready to own post-production and loves organizing digital content. The individual in this role will report to the Lead Photographer and partner closely with Creative Operations, Art Directors & Graphic Designers. The ideal candidate is nimble and thrives in a fast-paced, fun environment. This role will be based in our DTLA Headquarters. Candidates must be able to work in-office 3 days per week, at minimum.
Retouching and cropping
- Act as the sole retoucher for the entire brand.
- Perform various image editing tasks across a multitude of asset types such as retouching skin, textile fabrics, and changing backgrounds with little to no texture loss.
- Assist graphic designers in extending images & environmental backgrounds when images are shot at too tight of a crop.
- Follow all Lead Photographer’s creative retouching instructions with fine attention to detail.
- Individually (and consistently) color match a myriad of garments and fabric details throughout various photoshoots and image types
- Ensure color consistency across all images per product, per project.
Workflow & File Management
- Organize and keep Dropbox current and up to date.
- Own the transition from post photoshoot to delivery to graphic designers.
- Upload correct photos to Shopify
- Consistently exploring ways to optimize the retouching workflow. Take initiative, be proactive,
- Will be responsible for renaming assets in bulk, uploading to the proper monthly folders, and sharing out with the organization through our digital asset management software.
- Previous experience with retouching & color correction
- Advanced technical proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Capture One, Adobe Lightroom.
- Digital artistry skills and creative abilities. Looking for someone with an artistic eye!
- Minimum 1+ year of editing experience preferred
- Experience retouching Still Life imagery is a plus.
- Experience with Photoshop Actions and optimizing an efficient workflow is a plus.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of past work showcasing their retouching abilities. Applications will not be considered unless a portfolio is provided.
Show Me Your Mumu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider for employment all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Once upon a time, on a magical island...Two free-spirited and lively ladies created an invention essential to the daily lives of girls. The island was Manhattan, and the invention was called the Mumu. This is where our story begins...
Brunette and Blonde besties, Cammy and Cologne, packed up their UC Berkeley college closets and moved to NYC to live out their big city dreams. Cammy was born on the bayou in New Orleans, while Cologne was a Newport Beach bred mermaid, however both found themselves working in fashion. They quickly learned a thing or two about the fast-paced creative business, and its perks— free clothes! (small salary). However, there was something clearly missing. They needed that one versatile piece they could wear almost anywhere.
Cammy and Cologne were constantly buying shirts and tops in sizes much larger than they wore, stretch out the neck and throw on to become the ideal comfy yet cute mumu-esque dress. However, as many tops that they stretched and dresses that they cut, they could not find the ideal fit. It needed to be flowy and short, flattering and feminine, but sexy at the same time. It wasn’t until the girls went on a spontaneous weekend trip to Miami, with only their purses to pack, did they realize what needed to be done.
Once they set their sights on making Mumus, they could not stop talking about it. That night, a dear and lifelong bff was informed of the two ladies’ brilliant and crucial invention. Naturally, he exclaimed
“ Reinventing the mumu?! I love it!
Show me your Mumu! ”
And there it was, sparkling and clear. The girls knew that name was going to stick.
Back in NYC, the girls decided to turn their Mumu day dreams into a reality. Still holding down full time jobs, Cammy and Cologne worked tirelessly— starting the company from scratch. With little money or resources and using Craig's List as their HR, they found a Patternmaker, web designer, and production source. Their tiny Nolita apartment was transformed into a design and warehouse shipping department, storing Mumus and supplies anywhere they could including their oven. The TV became a clothing rack, their nights became design meetings and they used their lunch breaks to fabric hunt in the garment district. The girls' hustle paid off, and in a few short months they had their first Mumus in hand.
Fast forward— 1 cross country move, 6 office spaces, multiple product categories, and dozens of collections later, Show Me Your Mumu has evolved into so much more. Although the days of dancing all night and shipping out of their tiny NYC apartment all day have gone, the heart and spirit of Mumu remains the same.
Nearly ten years since moving to Los Angeles, Cammy + Cologne have created a true lifestyle brand and an army of real #mumugirls that function more like family than a brand. Together the Mumu girls have grown the company exponentially, working and often times living together, they celebrate each other's milestones, support each other through the highs and lows, and always have each other’s backs. What started out as a crazy idea, has evolved into so much more than just making Mumus-- it’s also about girls supporting girls, and lifting each other up.
Mumu has remained passionate about bringing customers quality pieces that are unique, special and ethically made. Mumu is proud to produce 80% of pieces in the USA, employing over 80% women, our clothes are made with care and never mass produced.
Throughout this wild ride, Cammy and Cologne have welcomed their customers to come along on the adventure and join in on the fun. Mumu strives to have a special connection with its customers by remaining approachable and real. Nobody has encouraged them and inspired them more than you, the real life Mumu girls from all across the globe that bring Mumu clothes to life! Mumu believes that every girl can be a #Mumugirl and live the Mumu lifestyle. The Mumu motto is “ Life is fun, your clothes should be too! ”
1834 East 22nd Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert