The Manager, Global High Jewelry is the primary connection between the Global HJ Business Unit, the HJ Category Management teams, and the Supply & Demand functions. Key responsibility is handling product assortments strategy and its long-term planning for all channels of distribution (Retail, Events).
The manager is responsible for defining assortments for each High Jewelry segment across all retail locations worldwide and ensuring in a cross-functional manner the alignment between commercial strategy and planning.
We are looking for someone with supply chain experience and a track record of increasing capacity to achieve demand. Come work with us! Location:
This position is in-person at our Corporate Headquarters, 200 5th Ave., New York with a hybrid schedule. Key Accountabilities: Global HJ Assortment
Lifecycle Management and Planning
- Participate in the definition of the commercial strategy and assortment plan for the category.
- Define, build, and perform relevant analysis for the category and provide recommendations for assortment changes and improvements to maximize sales and productivity.
- Identify Regional trends and recommend assortment strategies when appropriate.
- Analyze assortments by collection, classification and price point as advised to increase productivity and project objectives including year-end and quarterly reviews.
- Propose, implement, and supervise worldwide assortments in a cross functional manner.
- Develop related and relevant reports and presentations that communicate a high-level view for meetings and conferences.
- Animate collaboration with the regions to improve the knowledge of local business needs and support key local initiative. Capture data and research as it pertains to the assortment needs and performance.
- Ensure the appropriate ratio of assortment count to SKU productivity.
- Analyze and validate store type strategies by product family.
- In partnership with Category Management, Merchandising and Demand Planning, ensure on an ongoing basis that the forecasts are up to date and relevant, as well as aligned with the short, mid and long-term strategy.
- Ensure that the order placed by the planning and industrial teams are aligned with the needs and the strategy. Support and advise in case of arbitration needed.
- Ensure that the leadership is proactively informed of changes or mid-alignment between planning and needs / strategy.
- Conduct reviews and create analysis to monitor and validate quality of the assortment from a mix and aging perspective.
- Propose strategies to address stock obsolescence.
- Analyze product assortments such as collection, classification, price point and sales trends, and make proposals to support business needs and commercial strategy.
- Develop, perform, and present recurrent or punctual reporting on global sales and related commercial activities.
- Handle global Events reporting.
- Support the consolidation of the sales forecasting monitoring chart daily.
- Support the global events pre-sales tracking and related reporting.
- Liaise with regional and local merchandising/client relations & high jewelry teams to ensure accuracy and permanent update of the sales reporting required.
- Prepare various level of comprehensive summaries and presentation decks.
- Act as primary interface between the HJ Business Unit and the Pricing team to address all HJ related matters.
- Lead, implement, and communicate formal price change impacting the category in support to the regions.
- Continuously review current pricing and position to identify areas of improvement and propose solutions.
- Ensure that adequate and required local pricing is prepared and made available to regions in support to all the launches, events and custom design pieces or gemstones priced individually.
- Support all the commercial teams in resolution of errors or discrepancies.
- Communicate with central and regional teams to address and support the category's business expectations.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to communicate and implement key initiatives, new product launches, assortments, pre-sales actions, event programming.
- Partner all relevant support functions and Visual Merchandising to provide guidance on events preparations and assortments, retail display strategies and any other aspects required for the success of the events and the day-to-day business.
- Support the Director with execution of departmental and cross-functional initiatives.
- Lead staff; provide direction to prioritize their projects, ensure accuracy for project presentation, and develop for future growth.
- Prepare staff evaluations, mentor staff through regular one-on-one and group staff meetings, follow company guidelines and performance review timeline.
- Ensure staff integration of all systems and all processes.
- Build personal and professional development through training opportunities and/or regular feedback sessions with staff and Director.
The hiring range for this position ranges from $117,810 - $166,320. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience. Management is also eligible for bonus. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Need to have 5-7 years of merchandising and/or supply/demand planning experience / expertise
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office with strong focus on Excel, Analysis
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to software applications,
- Business Intelligence and reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Both working with autonomy and proactivity as well as a strong team mentality
- Strong organizational skills with excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to build strong and constructive business relationships in a global and multicultural environment
- SAP/Oracle/Compass experience
- Knowledge of Jewelry and precious stones
- Fluent in French
- An entrepreneurial mind-set that includes a curiosity to improve business acumen
- Ability to travel (approximately 10- 15 %)
- Ability to work additional hours as needed