Global Sales Coordinator
- Muzungu Sisters
- Notting Hill
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Sales & Business Development
- Coordinator / Executive
Muzungu Sisters is an artisan-produced ethical fashion and lifestyle brand seeking to hire a Global Sales Coordinator. The right candidate will be assisting in wholesale and e-commerce logistics and clientele management. The core focus of the role will be in supporting the wholesale and e-commerce team with delivering high-quality service to our wholesale and e-commerce client base. This is a flexible role and will require some international travel.
Responsibilities may include:
Wholesale & E-commerce
- Maintain regular communication with wholesale accounts (buying office, stores) to deepen understanding of market needs
- Analyse market and end of season sales
- Assist Order Management, Logistics, & Accounts Receivable in shipping & payment follow-up
- Prepare pick tickets, invoices and issue dispatch notifications and tracking details for wholesale clients
- Ensure optimal brand presence online & in pop-up store merchandising
- Work very closely with the founders and production team
- You will represent the brand's ethos and values in various scenarios
Reporting & Analysis
- Compile & analyze sales reporting
- Ad-hoc analysis to support sound decision-making & business action plans
Global Market Sales
- Assist in market set-up preparation including in Paris, Milan, New York
- Assist to plan presentation and assets for showroom appointments
- Partner with production and management team on order entries & final order validation
- Manage global pop-up and VIP sales when necessary
The right candidate will:
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in relevant or similar role
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Zedonk and JOOR
- Be a self-starter, team builder and encourage a collaborative and creative environment
- Have excellent communication, presentation & interpersonal skills
- Stock management skills and analytical and report background
- Be organized with ability to prioritize & operate efficiently
- Strong attention to details & deadlines
- Have a solid understanding of the brand's ethical ethos as well as a solid understanding of the fashion landscape and brand positioning
Muzungu Sisters is Dana Alikhani and Tatiana Casiraghi, friends since 2002 and business partners since 2011.
Muzungu Sisters strives to uphold cultural respect and social responsibility, abiding by the principle of leaving behind no 'human footprint'. All of the goods featured on Muzungu Sisters are produced under ethical working conditions. 'We guarantee responsible sourcing practices and do our utmost to ensure that all our suppliers are treated in accordance with internationally recognised standards of human rights'.
Our producers are varied: some are individuals who are taught their craft as a means of empowerment or income; other represent entire families of artisans who have inherited their skills from previous generations. 'In any case, many of our items represent the sole means of revenue for the artisans and others in their communities.' By exposing their products to an international audience and new markets, we are able to guarantee that the artisans sustain their personal and communal livelihoods in a manner that respects their own cultural practices. While all our producers may not have fair-trade certification, our close ties with the craftsmen allow us to ensure that fair labour practices are sustained throughout the supply chain. All of the artisans we work with are directly paid a living wage for the goods they produce for us.
Muzungu Sisters pieces are timeless heirlooms that are designed to be kept for generations. We have held this conviction since day one, and we have never forgotten it. We have traveled across the world to find the most unusual, beautiful, sustainable, fabrics; the best embroiderers, weavers, and ateliers. Our items never go out of style, and are designed to be worn year after year.
Muzungu Sisters only uses natural, sustainable, biodegradable materials that leave minimal trace on our environment. Just as our pieces are designed to be kept for years to come, we believe in a conscious, conservative approach to consumption.
Muzungu Sisters pieces are ethically handmade, handwoven and hand-embroidered only in small ateliers, fully certified ethical production facilities exceeding ILO (International Labour Organisation) standards, or cottage industries of women working from home to sustain their livelihoods while looking after their families.
Muzungu Sisters continues to value and champion hand-embroidery, which is sadly a dying art due to the increase in popularity of machine-embroidery.
- +44 02031767990
118 Westbourne Studios
242 Acklam Road
Apply for Global Sales Coordinator
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert