At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Primary Purpose: Analyst, Logistics supports the team to manage 4PL and ensure cargo ship on time and meet operations needs for shipment from Asia to Tapestry destinations worldwide
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to
- Work closely with on-site teams to ensure Service Providers (SPs) understand and meet Logistics requirements
- Act as point of escalation to resolve shipment and space issues in Asia. Ensure freight forwarders' corrective and preventive actions are effective
- Follow up with origins, destinations, and forwarders on shortages, pilferages, damages to understand root cause, correction plans, and preventive actions
- Conduct regular performance review with freight forwarders at destination site level
- Review Logistics performance at SPs and action plan for improvement where needed
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to derive solutions for any projects, assignments
- Support mode team in AP by gathering business unit requirements in terms of spending, volume, transit time, service issues,...
- Work with Trade Compliance, Shipping team, 3PL on import and export procedures in accordance to regulatory requirements. Provide support in Trade Compliance program
- Work with 3rd party audit company to process freight invoices
The accomplished individual will possess
- Degree/Diploma in relevant discipline, preferably Supply Chain or Logistics
- Minimum 3 years relevant experiences in Logistics environment
- Details oriented, problem solving skills, and strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to drive changes, open minded to accept new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, follow-through, and commitment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, spoken and written, in English
- Excellent skills in MS Office, especially Excel
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert