Planning Manager - Maternity Leave Cover
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This position will manage all planning activities in their respective region within Burberry's global planning organisation. They will act as an ambassador for Burberry, fostering a culture of simplification, innovation and collaboration and driving excellence in their respective region.
They will be responsible for:
- Taking the lead in creating, updating and managing the Rolling Open to Buy and Collection Open to Buy process
- Leading the partnership and ensuring alignment with Merchandising, Allocation, Regional Finance and Central Planning teams on Open to Buy, lifecycle, fiscal risks, opportunities, markdown and inventory management
- Accountable for commercial insights in driving in-season decisions to maximise inventory, drive sales and deliver margin targets
- Leading detailed Replenishment sales forecasts and aligning on weeks of cover and target procurement levels
Commercial Planning Excellence
- Responsible for the development, management and forecasting of the Rolling Open to Buy by season by product hierarchy level (Full Price/Mark Down)
- Responsible for the Collection Open to Buy alignment with Regional Merchants for sales and inventory ahead of each collection
- Responsible for owning the partnership and leading communication of Collection and Rolling Open to Buy's to Central teams based in London
- Responsible for the review of collection buys with Merchants, focusing on key investments ensuring buys are within agreed budgets
- Responsible for ensuring a balanced and profitable assortment that drives productivity and full price sell through
- Responsible for the coordination, reconciliation and long-range planning of budget and seasonal plans across division/categories (fashion/seasonal products & replenishment) within mainline and online
- Accountable for in-season Open to Buy decisions relating to additional procurement or request to cancel/delist or transfer
- Responsible for markdown forecasting, communicating with Merchants on strategies for execution and Outlet team in terms of volume of exit
- Accountable for sales and inventory forecasts on a monthly basis for replenishment product
- Responsible for the management of regional inventory within budget targets
- Partner with Merchants to continually manage the business through in-season analysis and long-term strategies, driving sales and maximizing margin
- Embody the Burberry behaviours of Being One Team, Responsible and Accountable, Putting Customers First and Being Bold and Open to new ideas
- Lead a team of Planning professionals, communicating strategic objectives for the region and providing day to day direction and guidance
- Create opportunities for talent development across Burberry's global planning organisation
- Manage, develop and elevate direct reports to drive business growth and create a best in class planning team
- Actively engage in coaching and mentoring activities, driving personal and professional development
Connecting with others
This role will work closely with Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Central Outlet team, Central Planning team, Regional Planning teams, Merch Planning Operations, Supply Chain, Finance and Regional Commercial teams
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of regional planners in a fast paced commercial and luxury environment; fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration and accountability
- Demonstrated excellence across all commercial planning activities
- Customer-oriented when faced with business challenges
- Solid decision making capability driven by developing thoughtful product and business initiatives
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with credibility across all levels of the organisation
- Dynamic and collaborative style, able to build positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ex perience with SAP would be advantageous
- Bachelor Degree / Master's Degree
Demonstrate the Burberry Behaviours:
- Put our customers first
- Be bold and open to new ideas
- Be one team
- Be accountable and responsive
Measures of success
- Divisional Full price and Net sales, AUR, Full Price sell-thru (Collections & Carry Forward), Initial and Net Margins aligned to fiscal targets
- Divisional Rolling and Collection Open to Buy management
- Replenishment Weeks of Cover (Store)
- Development of an inspired, high performing team with strong collaboration among cross-functional teams
- Team engagement survey results
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $100,000.00 and $120,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || GLOBAL PLANNING || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert