Senior Manager, Human Resources
- Kate Spade New York
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Human Resources
- Senior Manager
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Job Title: Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
Primary Purpose : The Senior Manager will work closely with and report into the SVP, Head of HR, Kate Spade in strategically and thoughtfully partnering with the NA Commercial and Omni Channel groups, helping to translate business initiatives into human resources actions and plans. They will manage and facilitate projects, whether as the project lead or through project support, across Kate Spade and the Tapestry HR community, in addition to partnering with the business to drive EI&D efforts. The role is based in our headquarters in New York City in a hybrid-capacity.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resourcesto...
Strategic Business Partnership
- Embed into the org to gain deep understanding & business acumen of drivers, levers, processes, and workflow in order to achieve a full 360 lens on the business unit
- Leverage the business knowledge to advise, support, coach, and challenge leaders in driving the people agenda that will support business strategy and outcomes
- Bring outside in and creative perspective that will evolve/enhance/game-change/innovate people practices
- Be a proactive advisor to leaders; problem solve and surface underlying issues in order to achieve business outcomes.
- Where appropriate, serve as a coach for leaders as they work through approaches to leading their organizations helping them to achieve success, both individually and across their organization
Organizational Development & Organization Design
- Support change management by providing effective planning, communication, and reinforcement techniques to ensure successful execution of change efforts.
- Work with leaders to ensure organization is optimally aligned with business strategy and goals
- Partner on building and executing plans for org change initiatives (communication plans, compensation proposals, training needed, etc.).
- Collaborate with people managers and business leaders to identify areas to enhance business performance through strategy, structure, process, people and rewards.
- Develop plans with people managers and leaders to attract, develop, retain, exit and integrate talent to support the overall business strategy
- Partner with HR team to assess internal and external talent based on short-term and long-term business objectives; identify gaps and work with leadership and Talent Acquisition on plans to address
- Actively manage and partner with the business to assess the organization at all levels on performance and potential, identify and develop action plans for high potential employees and prepare succession plans through talent review processes (i.e., Leadership and Functional talent reviews and Year-End)
- Partner with leaders on employee engagement (employee survey), identifying factors that drive performance, commitment and intent to stay; develop plans in support of improving engagement.
- Champion company vision, purpose and values with business leaders.
Talent Acquisition Partnership
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and HR Operations Coordinator to communicate full-time and temporary recruitment needs, including organizational changes/context, job descriptions, and budget
- Liaise with hiring managers to determine org needs, design roles, determine capability gaps, take hiring opportunities to push org design to ensure that roles match business needs and readjust role requirements as needed; design job, create job description and manage the process; manage job description creation
- Partner with HR Operations Coordinator to ensure proper tracking of target fill dates for open positions to ensure careful management of compensation spend and coordinating with TA on updates in our recruiting module
- Ensure EI&D efforts are carried through the Talent Acquisition process
- Provide HR Operations Coordinator with information needed to effectively manage compensation budgets, forecast processes and staffing proposals.
- Oversee organizational planning and related insight and analysis of respective business units
- Oversee annual Year-End compensation planning for business partners
Working in HR at Tapestry
- Partner with the Inclusion & Diversity COE on supporting initiatives that align to our values of EI&D across Tapestry integrating EID into all that work that we do
- Foster productive relationships across HR globally to deliver impactful programs and services that support the business agenda
- Participate in and/or manage special projects as required, keeping focus on Tapestry's global HR vision
- Advocate and engage partners from HR COE functions in support of relevant activities
- Consistently align policies, practices and management with a culture based on focus, execution, values and authenticity
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Exceptional strategic thinking and listening skills paired with strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity
- High degree of emotional intelligence and resilience;able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high level of energy
- Ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- A true hands-on approach with business units as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Resourceful, with strong problem-solving ability; able to take a complex issue in the business and create plan to address
- Results Oriented
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated strength in project management
- Demonstrated support of initiatives which might include coordinating with key stakeholders, developing communications, facilitating among other activities
An outstanding professional will have...
- BS or BA in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant HR experience and capacity to drive performance management, coaching, employee relations, recruitment, organizational development
- The ability to handle multiple priorities at once with superior organizational skills, and be a fast learner who can navigate process and ambiguity
- Ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment while being professionally assertive when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to embrace difference and partner with others inclusively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great initiative and the ability to use intuition to anticipate needs
- Experience and excellence in partnering/customer service, working with people of all levels in an organization
- Passion, curiosity, and an entrepreneurial spirt
- Experience with Equity, Inclusion & Diversity preferred
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-KS1 #HYBRID Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com .
BASE PAY RANGE $105,000 TO $130,000ANNUALLY
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary
Known for its crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication, kate spade new york’s exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. From handbags and clothing to decor, our products invite women around the world to live every day to the fullest.
We believe it’s the people we work with who bring our brand to life. Ours is a place that values creativity. Where colored tights and sparkly heels are standard attire. We’re a group of individuals working together as a team. Succeed and there are plenty of people to cheer. We strive to be the best – to do things in a way that’s uniquely our own. Always optimistic, often irreverent and wonderfully original. This is the spirit of our brand.
2 Park Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert