Technologist, Textiles - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining all product testing guidelines to meet legal requirements, update and maintain Care Code database, onboard new Mills and Suppliers in the Western Hemisphere and provide technical support on fabrics. Engages and helps support Quality Alerts and problem solving in partnership with CAO team as needed.
- Ensures supplier is informed and educated all updates and requirements for Chico's FAS testing protocols and Care Code database.
- Ensures new mills and suppliers (in Western Hemisphere) are on-boarded regarding technical standards and business processes and records are kept of such on-boarding.
- Provides technical support on fabrics sourced in Western Hemisphere, including the review and analysis of lab tests for fibers and finishes.
- Problem solves material issues/problems whether in development stage or identified in finished goods.
- Assesses fabric and yarn capability regarding textile machinery and castings.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with suppliers as well as cross-functional team members, providing ongoing communication on efforts and timelines.
- Participates in efforts regarding the use of new technology to help evolve, evaluate textile development efforts.
- Manages third party lab relationships.
- Stays informed of regulatory and performance changes and trends to ensure process is kept up to date with current industry standards.
- Updates and maintains Care Code database.
- Updates and maintains all testing protocols in accordance with Federal requirements.
- Assists in Quality Alert investigations.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree in Textile Technology or related field required
- 5+ years' experience in fabric technology
- Computer literate with a focus on flex and Microsoft office suite
- Ability to travel internationally on short notice
- Collaborative, flexible, and creative
- Problem-solving skills and leadership thinking
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert