- Clio Peppiatt
- West London
- £26,000 per annum + benefits
- Closing date
- 9 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our dynamic, quickly-growing label is seeking a creative, focused and highly self-motivated junior designer to join our London-based studio.
The role involves working directly with the Founder/Creative Director, supporting the creative process from start to finish and the delivery of all collections including RTW, Accessories, Bridal and special projects. This includes researching inspiration, design development and collating and delivering all necessary information to our talented artisanal makers to ensure a smooth transition to production.
Our Junior designer must possess an excellent sense of taste and trend, strong organisational and communication skills as well as an extremely creative eye and outlook.
This role is five days a week (Monday – Friday) based at our West London studio. It offers an exciting opportunity to grow with the brand in a positive, inspirational studio environment.
- Creative research on themes, colours and fabrics around design projects
- Researching and keeping record of exciting, new, sustainable materials.
- Draping, pattern cutting and toiling following the Founder/Creative Director’s brief
- Launching trials, patterns and toiles
- Creating and maintaining seasonal boards with inspirations, trials, sketches and garment ideas.
- Creating and maintaining a collection folder with fabric, embroidery and technique information.
- Support in development of range planning, keeping in mind key trends, the brand’s identity, sustainability and commerciality.
- Assisting Founder/Creative Director in fittings including Bespoke
- Ensure design boards, range plans and line sheets are created and regularly updated for all collections and capsules.
- Creating Cad Drawings and Tech Packs in order to clearly communicate ideas and design to our makers.
- Assisting in pre-production meetings to ensure a smooth handover
- Being a key leader in regular communication with suppliers in order to ensure an impeccable, timely delivery of production.
- Supporting the team during photoshoots, events and shows
- 1 – 2 years previous experience working as a junior or assistant designer ideally at a like-minded or comparable brand
- In-depth understanding of luxury fashion
- Proficient in Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop and Procreate
- Experience in creating Tech Packs
- Great CAD digital drawing skills
- Good technical knowledge in construction, pattern cutting and fabrics
- Highly motivated, resourceful and solution-driven
- Positive ‘can – do’ attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Team-player willing to provide hands-on support to the Director and studio
- Impeccable organizational skills, with the ability to lead and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Calm under pressure with a keen eye for detail
- Understanding of the brand’s core values and aesthetic identity
Please send us your CV and portfolio to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
In a few years, the London-based brand has become internationally recognised for it’s reinvention of traditional craftsmanship and playful, subversive femininity.
Born in Paris, Clio Peppiatt grew up in a home surrounded by art and artists. Her fascination with artisanal craftsmanship began at a young age after being taught to embroider by her grandmother. Her great-grandmother was a lace maker specializing in women’s gloves.
The desire to reinvent these traditional skills lies at the heart of Clio Peppiatt’s vision. Focusing on hand-beading and hand-embroidery, stemming from the designer's original drawings, Clio Peppiatt empowers a new generation of women whilst partnering with the communities that rely on these skills.
124 - 128 Barlby Road
Pall Mall Deposit
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert