- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 9 Apr 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Role: Assistant Merchandiser
Reporting to: Merchandiser
Location: Head Office, White City Place, West London
Contract type: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Workplace Type: Hybrid
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business. In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
- Support Merchandiser in all aspects of trading stock and sales across categories.
- Update & maintain WSSIs highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Manage delivery schedule and stock intake to deliver optimum stock availability for collection launches, ensuring information is shared with relevant functions in a timely and clear fashion (DC, Customer care, eComm, Stores, Marketing).
- Manage category and returns analysis across all categories and regions.
- Manage sizing analysis by region and channel to drive full price sell throughs.
- Oversee MAA in managing Intake, store allocations and reporting.
- Works with eComm to ensure product launches are timely and accurate. Manages the process and delegates to junior MAAs, ensuring priorities are clear.
- Manage product availability for e-com shoots, identify reshoots and ensure Online imagery refreshed accordingly.
- Produce weekly, monthly and seasonal reports, reviewing sales and stock position to identify any opportunities to maximise sales and drive strategy planning.
- Liaise with our Suppliers and Warehouse to monitor the delivery process, support MAA in highlighting delivery issues to the Buyers and Merchandisers.
- Support Merchandisers with ad hoc analysis, able to pull data from multiple sources and can manipulate this data to show/calculate what they need.
- Work with the team to ensure all department deadlines are being met.
- Has a commercial mindset.
- Has a pro active mindset and uses initiative to help drive the merchandising function through best practice and efficiencies.
- Contributes to Company Lessons Learnt, offering insights and actions to help drive department strategy.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office suite.
- Acts as a mentor to the MAAs and leads by example – ensures all business-critical actions are prioritised. Is an AM role model throughout the business.
- Deputises for Merchandiser in their absence – e.g. run weekly and monthly reporting, attend cross functional meetings, manages supplier issues and escalates when needed.
- Is the key point of contact for internal and external departments (buying, shipping, suppliers etc.).
- Understands importance of accuracy, attention to detail and keeping on top of all admin/emails.
- Helps lead critical path tracking meetings and is confident to challenge where needed, making suggestions that are commercial, escalating when necessary.
Skills and Experience Required:
- This is an entry level AM role with the ideal candidate having experience within a retail setting as a Senior MAA/Entry level AM
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office suite
- Highly numerate
- Well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Uses initiative and can make commercial decisions
- Can deputise for senior team members when necessary
- Has a positive attitude Works well within a team
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Awards
- Employee referral incentive
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid Training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer Day
- Tech scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses frames with Specsavers
- Real Living Wage Employer
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email email@example.com should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert