Director of Product Strategy ( Maternity Cover )
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 23 May 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Director / President / C Suite
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Responsible for developing the 3-5 Year Plan for product and defining the key product strategies
Maintains the overall cross-category strategies and roadmap and manages the product strategy content co-ordinator to deliver clear briefs to teams
· Drives development of 3-5 Year product plan, defining vision and strategy in partnership with VP, BU leads, planning and merchandising
· Provides market insight and positioning for key strategies
· Develops Board and Exco inputs
· Formulates product roadmap and action plan for priority product strategies (in partnership with Merchandising and Planning)
· Provides product inputs to other key strategies for the business e.g. China strategy, Americas strategy, Digital strategy and liaises with product teams on delivery
· Maintains overall Product roadmap for key categories and high level and go-to-market strategy (objectives, financials, distribution strategy for key moments) - works with capsules planning and divisional planning on framework
Works with Director of Product Strategy to ensure sign off on all other elements (commercials etc)
· Experience in product strategy in a luxury environment (direct role or via consultancy)
· Luxury sector and Market & Competitor knowledge
· Understanding of key areas within Product (Merchandising, Planning, Product Development)
· Understanding of regional nuances
· Strong organisational skills
· Strong Analytical skills
· Strong presentation development skills (compelling powerpoint creation)
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert