Sr. Designer, Kidswear
- Milan (IT)
- Closing date
- 9 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
AMIRI is looking for an experienced Designer with kidswear background to join the team! Reporting to the Head of EU Product Development, this position will play an important role in expanding our Kidswear line.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Research trends in color, design, and determine consumer appeal.
- Collaborate with the Milan Design team to develop ideas for new products based on research data; present to US Design team.
- Travel to line reviews, markets, and meet with customers as needed.
- Ability to lead meetings, make presentations, and pitch ideas to the US Design team.
- Under the supervision of the Head of EU Product Development, communicate with factories to develop the collections.
- Sketch designs.
- Test and decide on fabrics, colors, patterns, and textures for each design.
- Select fabrics and trims for Kidswear collection.
- Work with the Graphics team to create artwork.
- Create tech packs with detailed specifications.
- Develop CAD sketches to present to US Team.
- Under the supervision of the Head of EU Product Development, oversee the prototype sample process.
- Work with the US Design team to create mood boards inspired by the Menswear & Womenswear collections.
- Assist the Development team with COGS.
- Attend pass-off meetings with the Design & Development teams.
- Assist with daily follow up with factories to help find solutions from the prototype stage to final SMS.
- Travel to the factories for fittings.
- Help the Design team keep the Lineplans updated with style numbers, daily updates, and fabric codes.
- Work with the factories to review/set up graphics.
- Send fit notes to the factories; help with translation.
- Meet weekly with Developer and Design managers to provide a status update on projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Italian & English.
- Degree within fashion/industrial design/textiles.
- Minimum 4-5 Years of experience in Kidswear luxury fashion.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Fashion product/component knowledge.
- Computer and math skills.
- Proficient in Adobe suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, inDesign)
- Proficient in Excel.
- Documentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to effectively work independently and collaboratively.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability sketch by hand/digital.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Proven work experience as a Fashion Designer or similar role.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Mike Amiri built a formative philosophy from his upbringing in the heart of Hollywood. Along Sunset blvd, surrounded by graffiti artists, skaters and musicians, the groundwork for the AMIRI collection was formed through an authentic inspiration of Los Angeles nostalgia.
The AMIRI collection was launched in 2014 as an exclusive capsule within the Los Angeles boutique Maxfield. The pieces were designed to incorporate elements of California culture understood by natives, while also featuring street elements to define a new, modern form of luxury.
In 2015, the brand expanded distribution upon the sucess of the capsule and, in 2016, introduced women’s ready to-wear, footwear and accessories.
Each AMIRI collection is centered around local manufacturing, with RTW produced in the LA Arts District from materials sourced in Italy, Japan and France. The spirit of AMIRI pieces emanates from a genuine perspective combining irreverent, handmade expertise with luxurious, global fabrications.
Mike endeavors to consistently retain an individualized approach with each garment. Heritage elements such as distress detailing, signature denim washes and artisanal treatments are now synonymous with the AMIRI identity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert