Manager, Business Administration
- Glendale, California
- Closing date
- 25 Apr 2023
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Support the General Manager by leading the essential activities that drive the service experience and administrative processes enabling Bloomingdale's Stores to run efficiently. Lead bhelpful team to ensure customer experience standards are upheld and executed. Focus on the recruitment and onboarding activities for new colleagues in partnership with HRBP/ASC, optimize weekly store schedules, and manage execution of all store administrative functions inclusive of cash office functions. Performs other duties as assigned.
Lead bhelpful operations elevating service level including customer support, curbside, BOPS, SDD pick-up, gift wrap, returns, bill pay, etc.
· High level of responsiveness to customer with resolution orientation positively impacting NPS metrics. Ensure scheduling of CELs align with most productive business by time
· Lead functions of hiring process: corresponding with applicants, interviewing, selecting best-in-class talent, and coaching peers in all aspects of hiring. Develop and implement efficiencies to improve process.
· Key stakeholder in the Talent Acquisition process, ensuring job postings are maintained and filled in a Created By: Helena Gubelman June 22, 2021 Version: 1 timely manner. Drive store recruitment efforts of active and passive candidates.
· Oversee the colleague new hire orientation and onboarding processes as administered by the ASC to ensure a rapid learning curve, raise engagement of new hires, and lower turnover
· Strategize with and support Store Leaders on staffing including schedules and workforce solutions to ensure the store is being staffed efficiently, within payroll budget - responsible for all post-schedule edits. Achieve HUR goals
· Act as the key store contact w/ Trade Leaders and Central Business Partners; oversee adoption of technology
· Schedule, coordinate, and confirm work order completion by 3rd Party contractors/vendors
· Manage Cash Office operations. Daily, lead team responsible for balancing the vault and cash functions, replenish and balance registers. Perform monthly cash office self-audit; partner with AP to resolve cash shortage issues
· Direct and organize weekly store recognition rallies; maintain store bulletin board program to drive engagement
Qualifications and Competencies
3-5 years related experience
Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
• Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically, anticipating and solving problems
• Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
• Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
• May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
• Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
• Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert