Menswear Design Internship
- Paul Smith
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
We are looking for two talented and dynamic individuals who are as passionate about our business as we are, as we have two exciting opportunities available to intern with our Menswear Design team, giving a great understanding of how a Design department runs day to day. Working within an integral part of our company, you will support with research, design and development of the Paul Smith and PS by Paul Smith collections and carry out general Design Studio and administration duties to ensure the smooth running of the department. This is a paid, full time position, working 37.5 hours per week for approximately 6 months. In addition to the salary, you will also receive a generous clothing allowance and staff discount.
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship in the Skilled Worker visa category.
• Work with all members of the Design Studio on a variety of tasks. Tasks undertaken will involve; mood boards, colour boards, colour cards, research, organising the studio space and sourcing art supplies.
• Assist with the sewing up of trials and new development samples.
• Working on colourway options, print placements, artworks for fabric developments and embellishments using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Amending and updating sketches and fitting imagery using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator when needed.
• Updating physical design boards (style, fabric, colour, research) through close collaboration with the team and ensuring boards are photographed, copied, distributed and archived when requested.
• Update the styles on the digital design boards in Adobe InDesign when requested.
• Organise, set up and attend meetings and liaise with Reception to book meeting rooms, alongside meeting and greeting visitors as required.
• Support the team in coordinating the seasonal showroom and look book preparations and assisting during model castings and fittings.
• Ensure that all internal and external post for the Menswear Design team is taken for distribution.
• Assist with administrative tasks such as photocopying, scanning, printing and stationery orders as required.
• Assist in completing weekly timesheets and log any sickness, lateness or absence for the department.
Your skills & experience
• High level of computer literacy in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of fashion design processes, fabric bases and colour with a familiarity in creating design boards.
• Understanding of seasons and deadlines.
• Basic machine and hand sewing skills.
Who you are
• We love interns who are eager to learn and have an abundance of creative flair!
• A team player who can also work using their own initiative and build effective working relationships.
• Well organised and can prioritise their work effectively.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and able to remain calm under pressure.
• Able to assess colour and maintain current knowledge of fashion design processes, fabric bases, proportion and trends.
Applicants must be available from June 2023 onwards for a minimum of 6 months.
Please note, this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples. This should be available for a minimum of 4 weeks after the advert closing date. Please submit this as part of your Cover Letter.
Paul Smith is Britain’s foremost designer. He is renowned for his creative aesthetic, which combines tradition and modernity.
- 0115 968 5904
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert