Senior Footwear Designer
- Sesto Fiorentino, Florence, Italy
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Location: Sesto Fiorentino, Italy
Aquazzura are looking for a Senior Footwear Designer who brings his/her talent, creativity and background in designer footwear to work closely with the Design team and Creative Director on the concept, research, design, and follow-through of the collection process. This role calls for a designer with an excellent base of design and technical skills who is passionate about his or her work. The candidate will bring a clear vision, point of view, aesthetic and design ability, while working comfortably and productively within a team and a company. S/he must have a sensibility that aligns to the cool and feminine handwriting of Aquazzura. S/he must understand the direction and ideas of the Creative Director and will match them with his/her own vision.
- Taking part in product design process for shoes including market research, designing, sketching, specking and fit
- Researching global markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics/leathers/skins, techniques, etc Visiting suppliers and factories
- Carrying out extensive research and creating mood-boards Completing technical sketches and fashion illustrations Organizing and archiving materials
- Excellent communication and people skills At least 5-6 years of experience in similar role in luxury shoes Brand.
- Talented and experienced in footwear design with an ability to conceptually visualize and build a line in accordance with desired price points
- Good knowledge of construction, fit, silhouettes, fabrication, colourways, sewing techniques, leather and trim
- Be willing to take part in other areas of design ie; handbags, accessories, jewellery
- A high level of culture and fashion references, historical and modern
- Ability to go deep into research
- Great attention to detail as well as an aesthetic of modernity and precision
- Advanced illustration skills
- Experience in fittings Resourcefulness, self-motivation, positive energy, and be comfortable with multi-tasking
- Proficient in Italian and ideally English
- Degree in Fashion Design
Born in Colombia and raised between Miami and London, Edgardo Osorio, AQUAZZURA Founder & Creative Director, combines his passion for modern design with impeccable luxury craftsmanship to create timeless footwear with a twist.
After attending the London College of Fashion and Central Saint Martins, he made his first step into the footwear world, working with some of the most prestigious luxury brands such as Salvatore Ferragamo, René Caovilla, and Roberto Cavalli. In 2011, after working in the industry for 10 years, and at just 25 years old, Osorio launched his luxury footwear brand AQUAZZURA, whose Headquarters are situated at Palazzo Corsini, the heart of Florence, surrounded by the best shoemakers and craftsmen in the world.
Edgardo Osorio draws his inspiration from European luxury and tradition, whilst creating shoes that are both sexy and incredibly comfortable, and his signature styles have soon become footwear staples, often seen on the feet of Hollywood stars, European royalty and trendsetters all around the globe.
On top of his iconic seasonal collections, Osorio has also collaborated with renowned personalities as Poppy Delevingne and Claudia Schiffer, as well as with brands such as de Gournay, the world renowned hand-painted luxury wallpaper company, with whom he launched exclusives capsule collections.
AQUAZZURA is available at over 300 top retailers of the world in over 58 countries, with boutiques in Florence, London, New York, Miami, Las Vegas, Moscow, Paris, Costa Mesa and soon in Dubai and Hong Kong.
Apply for Senior Footwear Designer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert