We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
This individual will play a vital role within the lease and fixed assets accounting team, following accounting rules and guidance with US GAAP, compliance with SOX 404 and COSO, and day-to-day lease and fixed assets accounting. The role provides support to and collaborates with global and cross-functional teams including Real Estate, FP&A, Brand Control, Global Control, Global Procurement, Tax, and other internal departments.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency as Accountant to: This position is a Hybrid role located in North Bergen, NJ with the expectations of going into the office once a month
The accomplished individual will posses s:
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of US GAAP (ASC 842 and ASC 360), lease and fixed assets accounting, corporate finance and control ERP software solutions
- Learn lease abstract, lease accounting (initial lease measurement, lease modifications/extensions, terminations, etc.), payment processing functions
- Assist in addressing technical lease accounting and operational matters including contract/ lease review, assessing lease type, determination of possession dates, impact of clauses, options, and terms, as well as accounting for lease components in accordance with ASC 842
- Be responsible for accounting in accordance with GAAP including the completeness and accuracy of the lease population, review of discount rate and reconciliation of ROU Asset, Lease Liability, other occupancy type accounts
- Prepare lease and fixed asset accounting journal entries in accordance with monthly close process and in a timely and accurate manner
- Review fixed asset transactions in S4 as prepared by external outsourcing team (includes CER (Capital Expenditures) creation, set up of assets, retirements)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
- Develop skills to assist with TRIRIGA admin issues, monitor TRIRIGA service requests, and assist in ad-hoc projects
- Assist in preparation of quarterly financial statement analyses for management reporting (including special projects and ad hoc reporting)
- Liaise with internal and external audit, prepare and support document submission and process inquiries
- Maintain effective internal controls in compliance with SOX 404 requirements
An outstanding professional will have:
- Ability to problem solve and research, be highly motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player who works extremely well in a collaborative environment
- Attention to detail and delivery focused
- Strong analytical skills, willingness to understand transactional details and apply to the larger picture
- BS in Finance/Accounting preferred
- 1-2 years of experience
- Ability to multitask with strong organizational skills
- Agile, flexible, and driven
- Strong Microsoft office skills, including knowledge of Excel (V-lookups and pivot tables)
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Big 4 Experience or Public Accounting with Retail Experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent credential
- SAP and Blackline experience are a plus
- Work experience in lease accounting is a plus
- Experience with technical accounting and systems savvy
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/