Product Development and Technical Design Intern
- Santa Monica, California
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
What you'll do:
- Support PD and TD on day to day activities within mens and womens all product categories
- Daily Tasks will range from supporting vendor communication, measuring fit samples, attending cross functional meetings, attending handoffs, learning how to do a BOM, entering fit comments into PLM, WIP management, tracking and learning about thread, construction and fusible by fabrication.
- Help maintain organization in both PD and TD. Block library and rack management as well as testing and submits within PD.
- Responsible for tracking PD submits and TD fit samples.
- Work closely with multiple team members within PD and TD. Within that being about to touch all product categories and both mens and womens.
- We love building manuals to help better our quality and communication to our vendors. You will help support any manuals in creation at this time as well any department tools in creation.
- Pursuit of a college degree in Product Development, Technical Design or a related major
- Should be able to commit to 12 weeks of the internship and be able to work 20 hours per week
- Self-driven, positive and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Hard skill sets (Google Suite, Microsoft office, and SharePoint)
- Soft skill sets (Self Starter, Strong Communicator, Passionate, and Accountable)
- Experience with Gerber and PLM a Plus
What you'll bring:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Detailed oriented and highly organized
- Aspiration to create change and make an immediate impact
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
- Ability to commit to a 12 weeks internship program and work 20 hours per week
- Ability to commute to our Santa Monica office 3x a week
- Compensation for this position will be $16.00/hour
A little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.
FIGS is revolutionizing the $60B medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through a thoughtfully branded and data-driven, digitally native platform. We have transformed the way medical professionals think and purchase their workwear and created a fanatical community made up of roughly one in ten people in the US that work in healthcare. FIGS product quality has set a new standard in apparel design and has a relentless focus on fit, function, design, and comfort. We also give back. Our Threads for Threads initiative is central to the mission and has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries around the world. We're a fast-growing, innovative, and collaborative team whose mission is to serve those who serve others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert