- Wayne, New Jersey, United States
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
We are currently seeking a Network Engineer to support our day-to-day network activities as part of our current Network team for the Americas Region (includes LATAM) based in Wayne, NJ.
You will play a key role in the transformation of technology in our Network and Infrastructure area, working on the adoption of modern technologies and helping Kering Brands and Kering Shared Services to improve their business processes. Working in an international environment, you will keep one step ahead of the technology curve, identifying change needs and sharing best practices to streamline business processes.
In an IT landscape that is transforming into more centralized solutions, the network engineer will work closely with our global team in Europe, ensuring the adoption and alignment with global standards and practices.
The role requires in-depth technical knowledge in networking including switches, routers, WAN circuits, Wi-Fi, VoIP, and security. This person must be very collaborative, working closely not only with the various technology teams in the region but also with our global team located in Europe.
Requires experienced project coordination skills as well as experience with vendor management.
Be responsible for setting up & handling daily administrations and activities of the group network environment in the AMER region, including LATAM.
Responsible for handling the documentation of operation procedures in compliance and audit processes.
KERING Network Engineer
Job Family: Kering Technologies
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Wayne, NJ
Kering Technologies is the Kering Group division that provides the smartest solutions for our cross-brands services. In particular, the Kering Technologies division handles all the activities concerning the company's Management Information System Development to link the business's needs to the company's IT infrastructures. Through our philosophy of creative risk-taking, we are building a passionate and responsible luxury group that strives to be a force for positive change. We give our diverse and dynamic workforce the tools and opportunities to flourish and bring our bold vision to life.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
A typical day in the Network Engineering team includes:
- Working on cross-team projects such as site expansions and new stores builds, with the help of our project managers
- Contributing to support tasks and actively taking steps to improve the team's ability to monitor the network effectively
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Primary responsibility will be to manage the network operation (WAN, LAN, Wireless and VoIP) with extended involvement supporting LATAM.
- Support day-to-day business activities and tier 3 support related to the Infrastructure and Network areas.
- Provide Level 3 support by handling service request escalations from Service Desk
- Perform various infrastructure related network tasks under the direction of the regional manager
- Respond to network connectivity and regional data center outages; coordinate efforts with Service Desk, ISP provider and store to restore network services
- Provide network support for new applications and device deployment
- Communicate, and coordinate high impact network issue troubleshooting with Network Level 2 team.
- Actively identify new connectivity requirements and develop solutions
- Enforce security standards and policies
WHO YOU ARE
Relevant experience/skills needed:
- At least 5 years of experience in business network and communication platform.
- Certification in Cisco, Fortinet and Meraki is a MUST (any of the following: CCNA, CCNP, NSE, ECMS 1 & 2)
- Technical person must have direct "hands-on" and functional experience in at least 1 of the following cloud technology (AWS, Azure, GCP), Cisco Meraki, Fortinet.
- Experience in managing Cisco routers, switches, firewall, VPN
- Knowledge in Cisco ASA firewall, switches, routers, VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience in Network Monitoring System
- Experience in DNS/DHCP products such as IPAM
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems independently and to generate innovative solutions over a large-scale network
- Track records of meeting or exceeding deadlines in uncertain environments
- Familiar with business operations in the retail industry
- Experience in Fortinet FortiGate, SDWAN and security.
- Experience and knowledge of the following technologies:
- Cisco Enterprise Devices
- Cisco Meraki Routers and Switches
- Cisco Meraki Firewalls
- Cisco Meraki Access Points
- Cisco Site-To-Site VPN (IKEv1 and IKEv2)
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical (for example, in-store personnel) individuals when troubleshooting
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to provide on-call support during escalations and emergencies.
- A sense of urgency, the ability to make good decisions, and the prioritization of tasks is necessary.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment, interface with multiple teams (or individuals) and manage change, make decisions (confidence in decisions without levels of approval)
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to be able to build strong work relationships with all levels of a geographically dispersed team and end user organization
- Willing to travel (5-10%) to different locations (domestic and international) if needed
Kering Americas Inc.
A world leader in apparel and accessories, Kering develops an ensemble of powerful Luxury and Sport & Lifestyle brands. By ‘empowering imagination’ in the fullest sense, Kering encourages its brands to reach their potential, in the most sustainable manner. Present in more than 120 countries, the Group generated revenues of more than €11.5 billion in 2015 and had more than 38,000 employees at year end.
Talent is craftsmanship that is born when creative geniuses and artisans collaborate. Luxury talent at Kering is about having a bold vision which empowers confidence and creates beauty.
Kering empowers its employees to fulfil their potential and creativity by fostering their skills and performance in the most imaginative and sustainable manner for the long term.
Talent is the energy that powers our Group.
40, rue de Sèvres
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert