Director, DTC Planning & Allocations
- Alexander Wang
- New York City, New York (US) (Hybrid)
- Closing date
- 15 Apr 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Director / President / C Suite
- Contract Type
The Director, DTC Planning & Allocations will partner with the Vice President, Global Buying, Planning & Consumer Insights in developing the financial and strategic vision for Alexander Wang global retail stores, ecommerce and online marketplace businesses through sales budgeting, inventory management and allocation and financial reporting.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with the Vice President, Global Buying, Planning & Consumer Insights to ensure that financial plans align with buying strategies.
- Create OTB tool, at SKU level, to manage monthly sales and receipts and review with DTC team on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and presenting Seasonal OTBs and Purchasing Plans in advance of 4 markets a year to Vice President, Global Buying, Planning & Consumer Insights, and Executive leadership for review and approval.
- Responsible for global allocations, including the enhancement or creation of tools and processes necessary to ensure appropriate stock to sales levels in all DTC warehouses and points of sale.
- Manage monthly sales and KPI forecasts by channel and location.
- Propose monthly Commercial Sales Targets for DTC store commission and bonus programs, in partnership with VP, Global Buying, Planning & Consumer Insights, Director of Retail Operations, and regional Heads of Retail (North America & Europe regions, as well as, China).
- Monitor and share sales trends and opportunities daily and weekly with DTC team.
- Meet regularly with DTC team to advise on reorder and stock balancing opportunities.
- Partner with global operations and logistics on supply chain and inventory management, specifically warehouse to warehouse inventory movement Business lead for BI tool and allocation tool projects with IT/Tech and Finance.
- Is the DTC business lead for global pricing and financial sales budgets.
- Execute end-of-season markdown preparations, including inventory movement and pricing for all DTC channels (retail, ecommerce and off-price)
- Manage and develop Planning & Allocation team: DTC Assistant Planner and DTC Allocator.
- Lead global MSRP analysis and management of pricing across all global currencies, on behalf of DTC and in partnership with Wholesale channel.
Provides strategic analyses not limited to:
- Strategic presentations for senior management, including OTB, Budget and Reforecast presentations, in partnership with DTC team.
- Global Pricing analysis.
- Monthly Target Planning meetings/Budget revisions.
- Omni-channel sales forecasts, including digital marketplaces (Farfetch, Tmall, JD, WeChat)
Leads financial reporting and planning:
- Weekly Sales and Inventory reports and forecasts (KPI report, Attribute report and STD Sell-thru report, etc.)
- Monthly OTB reports
- Seasonal market-prep and buy recaps
- In-season reorder opportunities
- EOS inventory analysis
- Minimum Education: 4 Year degree in Business, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum Years of Experience: A minimum of 8 years of experience in planning and allocation (vertical fashion brand experience preferred).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Financial mindset.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Planning and allocation experience, preferably at a vertical brand.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Developed presentation, public speaking and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Capable of challenging the status quo.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V
In compliance with the New York City salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $150,000 to $160,000, which represents a range commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skills required.
All Alexander Wang employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an individual has a disability or sincerely held religious belief that requires a reasonable accommodation.
Alexander Wang’s brand sensibility is a reflection on contrasts, blending seamlessly between the refined and the imperfect. His collections have an un-precious outlook on fashion and always reflect a sense of ease. He is renowned for his irreverent approach and for perpetually evolving and re-contextualizing the urban uniform. Born and raised in San Francisco, California, Wang moved to New York City and launched his eponymous label in 2005. The brand currently operates 44 owned and partnered stores globally. The Alexander Wang collections are also available through luxury retailers worldwide. For more information, visit www.alexanderwang.com or follow us @alexanderwangny.
- (833) 926-4878
Apply for Director, DTC Planning & Allocations
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert