Senior Finance Analyst
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This is an exciting opportunity to assist the EMEIA team, providing Commercial Finance support to key stakeholders including EMEIA CFO, EMEIA Finance Director, VP UK Retail & Outlets as well as Outlets Regional Director. Working to help drive Outlets' business profitably, identifying commercial risks and opportunities, creating sub regional Budget and Forecasts and monitoring actual performance against it. You will also manage new projects, investments appraisals and sub regional productivity.
• Take ownership of Profitability initiatives to improve profitability of EMEIA Outlets sub-region.
• Driving store productivity
• Ownership of the P&L, including responsibility for the preparation and presentation of the month end actual performance and all associated reporting
• Deep understanding of key financial drivers across business to support scenario analysis and forecasting
• Drive continuous process improvements, promote best in class reporting, meaningful analysis and business insight
• Work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional project groups to understand and manage each project's impact on finance processes and people
• Provide insightful and relevant reporting to be shared with the Director or Finance, CFO and Senior Leadership Team
• Responsible in the timely production and distribution of key weekly performance reports & Monthly Performance reviews with the RD and VP of the Region.
Budgets and Forecasts:
• Co-ordination and Preparation of budgets/forecasts for the sub-region, full P&L ownership.
• Providing monthly forecast updates identifying Risks and Opportunities for the sub-region.
• Plan and drive for actions to increase productivity and profitability of the sub region
• High Calibre Graduate
• Qualified Accountant
• Experience in providing commercial finance support / business partnering
• SAP / Business Intelligence tool Experience
• Excellent Excel Skills with modelling experience
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || COMMERCIAL FINANCE || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert