Director, People & Enterprise Strategy
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Strategy & Business Intelligence
- Director / President / C Suite
- Full Time
Job Overview: Through strategic collaboration, process improvement and innovation the Director of People & Enterprise Strategy will be an integral team member in what drives and determines our success as a business. The Strategy team is the enterprise minded unit of Bloomingdale's that drives change, efficiency and results by activating all business units through an aligned and clearly articulated strategy. In this role you will serve as an internal consultant to the HR team and the Strategy team within Bloomingdale's. The director of People & Enterprise strategy will develop transformative growth strategies, focused on helping key business stakeholders make fact-based decisions for strategic and organizational alignment as well as facilitate the development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Lead Functional Strategy Process inclusive of kick-off events; facilitate the development and implementation of strategic planning activities and coordinate the flow of information among various participants.
- Consult and lead Seasonal People Strategies inclusive of Mission & Values, Culture (Career Expo), Comms (BLT Conference, All Hands Strategy topics), and Org Calendar. Provide smart, integrated, executable strategies for the organization
- Support to VP, Strategy on Annual Corporate Strategy Planning and Strategy Stand Up Process [MCY = Transformation Office]
- Liaison to Macy's Inc Goals Process & Transformation
- Quarterly Earnings Call Prep
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
3-5 years related experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Blue Mercury - is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert