Sr Developer, SAP Hana - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 27 Apr 2023
- Senior Manager
This position is primarily responsible for converting project specifications into code for various programs or applications based upon business demands or client requests. Designs and constructs large enterprise data warehouse solutions to support Retail business needs. Integrates new systems with existing data warehouse structure and refines system performance and functionality.
- Develops, updates, and maintains various programs or software packages to handle specific jobs or functions based upon business/client needs.
- Develops, analyzes, reviews, and updates programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Performs or directs revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Documents design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Designs strategies and solutions for enterprise data warehouses on the SAP BW, SAP HANA, and SAP Business Objects platforms, and set standards for operations, programming, and security.Collaborates with engineers, system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements and select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Tracks and resolves functional defects of varying sizes and severity.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Prepares detailed project plans and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Consults with and assists end users or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running programs.
- Creates and enforces data warehouse development standards, verifying the stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Demonstrates data warehouse technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
- Designs data warehouse applications, such as interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access of the generic database structure.
- Designs data warehouse solutions to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Develops data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures.
- Develops load-balancing processes to eliminate down time for backup processes.
- Develops or maintain archived procedures, procedural codes, or queries for applications.
- Communicates with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements including system data, hardware, or software components.
- Provides technical guidance or support for the development and implementation of various systems including project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Monitors system operation to detect potential problems and provides 24/7 on-call technical support as needed on a rotational basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of SAP data modeling experience including Data sources, Info providers, Info Packages, Transformations and Update Rules, BEx queries, workbooks, key figures, and variables
- Proven track record in SAP IS-Retail and associated modules (including MM, SD, FI, PP, WM, POSDM), t-codes, data structures, and process flows
- Experience utilizing SAP HANA and associated design techniques and development tools, including HANA Studio, Virtual Providers, and SLT. Must have at least 1 full life cycle SAP BW implementation on the HANA platform
- Proven SAP BI ABAP development experience, including user exits, function modules, and start/end/expert routines
- Experience on both SAP BW 7.3 and 7.4 platforms, including integration with SAP Business Objects. Experience in SAP BW/4 will be added advantage.
- Thorough understanding of technology trends and developments in application architectures
- Thorough knowledge of infrastructure architectures and data architectures as it pertains to their field of expertise
- Thorough knowledge of application architecture deliverables (Designs, Flow Charts, code, documentation, etc.)
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationship with both internal associates and external customers
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and effectively meet project deliverables on time
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert