HN Manchester-Concession manager
GET TO KNOW US
JOSEPH is a British contemporary designer brand with a strong core of luxury essentials. Founded in 1966 by Casablanca-born Joseph Ettedgui, he was an early champion of the now iconic design houses & emerging brands alike.
KNOW THE ROLE
As a Concession Manager in Harvey Nichols Manchester you will lead, support, coach, challenge and empower your team to achieve the Company’s objectives through example setting, clear targets, training, excellent customer service expertise and effective merchandise presentation skills.
The ideal candidate will have a positive and proactive approach to store administration and operations while ensuring that store and the team are engaged and motivated to consistently meet the Company’s standards and expectations.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Key responsibilities of the role:
Includes but is not limited to:
Commerciality and Sales Generation
- Accountable for owning, developing and driving sales in store to exceed sales expectations set by the Company. Own personal sales techniques and assist in the development of associates’ sales techniques to maximise sales. Responsible for developing strong clienteling initiatives that drive sales. Manage budgets set by the Retail Area Manager and communicate these as appropriate to the team. In partnership with the Area Manager provide commercial suggestions and solutions to address underperformance in sales. Provide customer feedback in a clear and succinct manner to relevant parties along with potential solutions to address customer feedback. Undertake competitor analysis when required to drive and enhance offerings. Drive understanding of commercial objectives amongst team to ensure that performance is driven. Effectively manage the store rotas working to ensure that employees are scheduled to maximise profitability and to avoid any additional costs such as temporary staff support. Identify and drive key performers whilst coaching and mentoring the wider team and consistently upskilling and training team members to best meet commercial objectives.
- Lead by example and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the brand, Company operating and manufacturing processes, product and customer – driving passion to increase motivation. Propel an elevated level of sales and service within your store, delivering appropriate feedback and accountability within your team. Act as an escalation point for any customer concerns and/or queries quickly and effectively. Embody a luxury service and the Company Values at all times.
- Set, review and manage the team against KPI’s that motivate, engage and drive them to excel in their roles. In partnership with the Area Manager develop succession plans to foster development and progression. Coach and mentor employees to understand key drivers and to address any concerns promptly and efficiently. Effectively escalate any employee related issues to the relevant departments Promote a challenging and professional environment. Take ownership of the recruitment, training, management and development of the store team. In partnership with HR, effectively manage employee relations issues. Foster a supportive environment that promotes positive mental health. Drive accountability, ensure a full understanding of Company policies and procedures within store.
- Responsible for ensuring that the standards as set out in the Model Store Framework are adhered to. To own and deliver stock take. Work with relevant colleagues at HQ to ensure that health and safety is maintained in store. Ensure compliance on policies and procedures at all times, up-skill employees where required. Through effective stock management and partnering with the stock control team, ensure that the businesses expectations of shrinkage are met. Demonstrate excellent store administration and organisational skills. Secure Company assets at all times, drive enhancements to processes if risks are defined. Ensure housekeeping, repairs and safety is maintained.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Extensive experience of working in a similar role within a premium or luxury retail brand. Experience of developing and driving store strategies, working to identify commercial opportunities. Excellent commercial knowledge, solid understanding of a retail environment and the key drivers associated, including consumer behaviours. Experience of partnering with corporate key stakeholder such as Buying and Merchandising, communications, finance and HR. Proven experience of delivering strong clienteling initiatives within a luxury retail or premium retail environment. Sales driven, able to demonstrate experience of consistently meeting or exceeding commercial targets. Knowledge of POS and store systems. Demonstrable ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with sound computer and keyboard skills. Exceptional organisational skills, able to balance commercial duties alongside operational duties. Excellent coaching and managerial skills, able to motivate, engage and retain employees. Excellent performance management experience, able to drive, motivate, develop and engage teams with knowledge of employee relations. Experience of driving accountability via Company policy and procedure. Experience of building strong relationships, driving collaboration and effective communication. Experience of building and delivering store training to support with employee development. Resilient with demonstrable experience of displaying positivity and driving innovation. Self-motivated team player, supportive of management and able to motivate and inspire others. Able to confidently drive solutions and change where appropriate. Excellent use of initiative and problem-solving skills. Consistently show a positive attitude and take responsibility for own actions – lead by example. Excellent time keeping and reliable attendance. Excellent attention to detail.
JOSEPH Company values
- We are driven by our ambitious expectations — good enough isn’t good enough. We understand that in order to compete and win in this category we must put our best foot forward, each and every time.
- How we treat our staff, make our product and the role we play in the industry and the world is underpinned by an unwavering integrity. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing. We never cut corners or sacrifice on our quality or our principles.
Attention to detail
- Thought, care and a great attention to detail goes into everything we do. It’s the only way we will consistently delight our customers.
- Born from the mind and spirit of a pioneer, we are curious, entrepreneurial and always looking for new ways to push our brand, our business and our customer experience forward.
At JOSEPH, we are committed to achieving a culture of diversity, inclusivity and gender balance. We value talent, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sex or any other factor.
In 1972 the JOSEPH in-house label was launched, placing importance on luxury essentials. Today, JOSEPH has become a contemporary designer brand respected worldwide. Each men’s and women’s collection, explores the nuances of personality through intimate detail, sartorial techniques and luxurious fabrications. An essential framework of wardrobe icons—the pant, the sweater, the blouse and more—are established as new and modern classics. The codes of the brand are deconstructed, personalised, twisted.
Just as its stores were places to meet and share ideas, attracting designers, models, editors and photographers, JOSEPH—the label, the brand—is once again a focus for creativity, somewhere to find inspiration.
JOSEPH will continue to define the style of the coming decades just as it did so powerfully in the past.
- 0207 610 8400
90 Peterborough Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert