Sample Couture Machinist
- Emilia Wickstead
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 16 Apr 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
Sample / Couture & Bespoke Bridal Machinist & Fitter
Emilia Wickstead is looking for senior sample machinist & strong fitter, who has strong bridal & couture bespoke skills to support our growing team within our Atelier on a full-time basis.
You will work across multiple product categories & seasons throughout the calendar year, creating sample garments, bridal gowns, RTW and special occasion outfits etc.
You will work closely with garment technologists, our inhouse machinists & store consultants, communicating clearly and efficiently, ensuring all garments have the desired finishing & are to the specifications requested.
Ability to work individually & within a team environment is essential.
You will need experience of working within a fast-paced environment, ensuring deadlines are met to deliver high quality garments.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Produce first samples with high finishing techniques and skills.
- Work closely with the pattern cutters and workroom manager to maintain sampling standards.
- Advise the product developer, pattern cutters of potential construction problems.
- Ensure all products are always made to the highest quality.
- Alter all types of women’s clothing including Bridal Dresses Following quality control guidelines and inspect all garments to verify pristine condition before final delivery to client.
- Weekly instore fittings with RTW, VIC, VIP clients Be highly presentable in store on fitting days. When fitting, take notes and photos of client alterations required. Be clear & previse in your communicating. Liaison with the Head of MTO, MTMB for fitting days, being prepared prior to each fitting. Ensure the alterations room is consistently maintained in a clean, well-organised manner. Press, steam, and spot clean garments/merchandise where necessary Quality control & inspect all garments to verify pristine condition on shop floor & before final delivery to client. Perform other duties as assigned by Store Management on the days you are in the store.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experienced sample machinist with excellent sewing skills, who can work a garment from start to finish.
- You will have extensive garment construction knowledge.
- Knowledge of how to handle luxury fabrics, specifically Silk Twill, Double Satin, Silk Satin, Chiffon, Crepe and Lace
- Knowledge of lace applique to delegate veiling
- Have a great handle for fabrics when sewing and achieve the utmost highest quality possible
- Excellent understanding of fit and garment construction
- Accustomed to working to tight deadlines and being able to multitask across changing priorities. Flexibility required at peak times to manage workload. (During Fashion Weeks, Rush Bridal orders, Oscars, summer circuit events) A team player with great interpersonal skills Clear and concise communicator with product developers, pattern makers & Head of Atelier Keep a calm and positive attitude and work hard to fulfil the company’s needs. That person should also have extensive experience working in a Luxury Womenswear company that does RTW, Bridal, Made to Order/to Measure and Bespoke.
- Minimum 7-10years experience working with bridal wear or couture & high-end luxury womenswear product.
Established in 2012, Emilia Wickstead has developed a clear point of distinction in its Ready-To-Wear collections, modern take and pace on Made to Measure, and immediate Made to Order offerings. Inherently feminine with a nod of old fashion couture, an instance on quality and unerring attention to detail.
British-based and New Zealand born, Emilia spent her formative years in Milan before gaining a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Fashion Design and Marketing at Central Saint Martin’s London with Honours in 2007. After graduating, Emilia worked at fashion houses in New York and Milan before returning to London to establish her own label in 2008. Originally commencing as a Made-to-Measure Atelier, Emilia’s collections now also include seasonal Ready-to-Wear and are showcased at London Fashion Week.
Emilia has received recognition from the beginning of her career including; winner of the WALPOLE Award for Brands of Tomorrow 2015; recieving an Arts Foundation Award for Patronage Donation from Gus and Irene Fisher in 2010; BFC Fashion Trust recipient 2014 and 2015; winner of ELLE Magazine’s Style Awards for Red Carpet Designer of the Year 2014; shortlisted for the WALPOLE Award for Best New British Luxury Talent 2015; the BFC/Vogue Fashion Fund in 2013, 2014, and 2015; British Fashion Award for New Establishment Designer in 2014; shortlisted for the Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize in 2013 and the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award 2015.
Emilia Wickstead is stocked in retailers globally including Net-A-Porter, Selfridges, Matches and Moda Operandi alongside of her flagship store, on London’s Sloane Street.
Apply for Sample Couture Machinist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert