- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 2 May 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Commercial IT Team are responsible for the delivery of IT into our Retail Stores, Commercial Offices and Supply Chain sites. We partner into the Business to ensure the alignment and delivery of regional technology strategies that underpin the business strategy. We provide project capability to support IT requirements for our store portfolio including new builds, refurbishments, and relocations. We manage 3rd Parties who provide day-to-day IT support for our Retail Stores, Corporate Offices, and Supply Chain sites. The EMEIA IT Coordinator role is key to providing support to the whole team to ensure our operation is running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. Keeping the team on track in terms of budgets and procurement activities, supporting with BAU projects and striving to ensure "process excellence" across our EMEIA sites. Building cross -functional relationships and effective communication is key to this role.
Budget & Procurement Coordination
Assist the IT Market Manager and IT Director to manage the detail of the EMEIA IT budget. Working closely with Finance to provide budget and expense analysis, monitoring and tracking IT forecasts, management of vendor costs & actuals and providing guidance on yearly forecasting.
Manage and own procurement activities for the team including:
• Raising Purchase Orders for suppliers as directed (and within the budget) to procure services from suppliers (this will utilise the Ariba buying system - full training will be provided)
• Verify delivery of goods, ensuring actions are taken to goods receipt and manage any exceptions that arise from this process (VIM - Vendor Invoice Management)
• Work with key vendors and Accounts Teams on billing cycles and ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner
• Providing quotes from Vendors on goods and services, ensuring these are supported within the budget
Project & Process Excellence Coordination
Provide support to the Market Manager and IT Director to maintain roadmaps and plans around project and improvement activities impacting EMEIA IT. Providing regular progress updates to the team and key stakeholders.
Support the IT Market Manager to capture and manage activities around Market, Special Events and BAU/new Business Demand, working across other IT teams and with business stakeholders to help determine scope and requirements and provide regular status updates on progress around these activities.
Work with the IT Market Manager and Service Management Teams to identify and prioritise process improvement areas in EMEIA Retail and Supply Chain. Help to manage the plans to address these and track to success. Ensure regular communication is in place to update progress to key stakeholders
Provide support to the IT Market Manager to manage our IT Assets including regular store audits of our assets and lifecycle management.
Provide general support to the team including:
• Maintaining the team activity and communication calendar
• Keeping the Team Sharepoint relevant and up to date
• Building relationships with Store Managers, Retail Teams and LFC & Supply Chain Managers, keeping track of activities happening within our sites
• Maintaining the IT Escalation tracker between EMEIA IT and EMEIA Service Management Team
• Stepping into the Market Manager role during periods of absence
• You will have experience working in a medium size organisation, preferably in a retail or commercial environment. You will be organised and a clear communicator.
• Familiarity with the principles of procuring and paying for services in tools such as Ariba is an advantage, as is understanding of working with budgets within an organisation
• You will be pro-active with positive energy and drive to support the team. You will be expected to be good at prioritising workloads and able to clearly articulate challenges to your line manager
• Managing project plans and status updates would be beneficial
• As the role is supporting the EMEIA region, being fluent in one other European language would also be beneficial (English plus Italian/Dutch/Spanish/etc.). The expectation is to work UK hours
• Experience working with 3rd party suppliers and internal support teams
• Continuous improvement and problem management are an advantage, with focus on delivering a high-quality IT experience for our stores and commercial customers
• Stakeholder Management at various levels across IT and/or the Business is an advantage.
• Inspires passion and role-models creative thinking and sustainable practice
• Challenges, collaborates, and encourages excellence for Burberry, our customers, our communities
• Takes ownership for a culture of inclusion, sustainability, and integrity
• Prioritises development, cultivates morale and safeguards wellbeing so all colleagues can bring their authentic selves to work
• Celebrates and nurtures brand connection and pride bringing our purpose to life
• Acts in the best interests of the brand, the environment, and our communities
• Have a "Can-Do" attitude, creates space for innovation, to take risks and push boundaries
• Drives decisions and manages workload
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || COMMERCIAL (REGIONAL) || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert