Assistant Designer, Color, Print & Graphics
- Calvin Klein
- New York, New York, United States of America
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
The Assistant Designer will support the CKU Design Team from initial concept through product delivery. The person will be working closely with the color and concept team to execute CKU design team direction for colors, prints, and graphics for the season. This role will have a stronger focus on color and print design. A good attitude and excitement for the brand and category are needed to help inspire and support the team toward newness each season.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Support designer in print/pattern development and color up; graphic development ensuring that the CKU brand aesthetic is executed.
- Create and collaborate with color and concept team each season to bring new ideas for the seasonal direction.
- Help to research/interpret trends and overarching brand direction into commercial product for print, pattern, graphics.
- Support the design team in CAD and PLM throughout all stages in design development.
- Keep up to date on new software, upgrades, technology that can be used within the department.
- Work and communicate daily with cross functional teams from development to final product.
- Ability to meet overlapping deadlines.
- Take initiative, embrace change, adapt to learning new concepts and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Experience working in the fashion industry
• Fashion experience not limited to underwear
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Knowledge of PLM/Techpacks
• Working knowledge of Excel
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator / Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of PLM
- Strong CAD skills
- Ability to develop graphics and prints/cad recolors.
- Strong sense of color
Pay Range: $55,000 - $65,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
For five decades, CALVIN KLEIN has been a cultural catalyst, creating a legacy of iconic imagery and provocative conversation while retaining its American DNA and youth-inspired designs. Our associates are a group of talented individuals with unique personalities and perspectives. At CALVIN KLEIN, we take risks, embrace differences and strive to make a positive impact on the world. Above all, we care passionately for the brand, our customer and each other. Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, CALVIN KLEIN is one of the world’s largest and most successful designer fashion brands. We are driven by our associates, creating one of the most visionary workforces in fashion. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and the future we are creating. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN products exceeded $8 billion in 2017, and CALVIN KLEIN branded products are distributed in 110+ countries. CALVIN KLEIN employs a worldwide network of over 10,000 associates and operates more than 2,000 free-standing stores globally. Calvin Klein, Inc. was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
- 020 589 9888
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert