Junior Outerwear Designer - Tommy Hilfiger Jeans
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+.
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's most recognized premium lifestyle brands, uplifting and inspiring consumers since 1985. The brand creates iconic style, which comes alive at the intersection of the classic and the new, co-created with people who are shaping culture around the world.
TOMMY HILFIGER celebrates the essence of classic American style with a modern twist. Tommy Hilfiger offers premium quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS lifestyles, with a breadth of collections including men's, women's and kids' sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. Tommy Hilfiger has an unwavering commitment to sustainability and inclusivity.
Global retail sales of TOMMY HILFIGER products were approximately $9.3 billion in 2021 and the brand is powered by more than 16,000 associates worldwide - present in 100 countries and more than 2,000 retail stores, including its largest global flagship store at tommy.com. PVH acquired Tommy Hilfiger in 2010 and continues to oversee a focused approach to growing the brand's worldwide relevance, presence, and long term growth.
The Tommy Jeans design team drives the design and development for our global Tommy Jeans collection, a multi-product range for the GenZ consumer. Based in the Amsterdam European HQ, the team is split into various sub teams: TJ Womenswear, TJ Menswear, TJ Denim and Graphics. These four design teams work closely together in an informal and inclusive setting to create a desirable collection for our consumer.
This opportunity is for a Junior Designer role with in the Tommy Jeans women's design team and its focus will be on the Outerwear product categor y. You will be reporting directly into the Design Director and you will be the sole responsible for the complete TJW outerwear design development .
In this role y ou will be required to build a cohesive product range based on sales, market demands and current trends befitting the Tommy Jeans brand and GenZ consumer . Collaborating with the Product Development, Tech , Merchandising and the larger women's Design team, the aim is to offer our customer the best product possible.
Your chief responsibilities will be:
- Conduct product research based on current trends and youth culture as well as monitor our brand competitors .
- Translate current trends and the seasonal colour & concept into clear product sourcing briefs for our vendors in order to innovate in quality, trims and silhouette .
- Drive the design development for the Outerwear product group e.a. sketching , sampling, creating garment work sheets and setting up the Build of Material in PLM.
- Lead fittings , assess proto's and independently see to the administrative follow-up throughout the various phases in the design development process.
- P resent your designs both digitally (Digital Foamboard) and in person to the larger TJ team and key stakeholders .
- Possible work travel for inspiration and product development purposes.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a Bachelor degree in Fashion Design.
- Has a minimum of 4 years of experience in women's apparel design.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of outerwear and its technical aspects.
- Must have a strong understanding of the Tommy Jeans brand and a feminine design handwriting matching its DNA. An affinity with youth culture / GenZ is highly preferable.
- Has a independent, hands-on approach as well as a collaborative, flexible team mentality.
- Has the ability to keep a "helicopter overview" and has both strong organisation and time management skills.
- Is technically skilled in Adobe Illustrator.
What You Can Expect From Us
In the heart of Amsterdam, PVH EMEA is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. We are the home to 2500 big thinkers, natural entrepreneurs, and challenge seekers from all kinds of backgrounds.
- How we support you: choose the hybrid setup and working hours that suit you, in addition to meeting-free Fridays, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, 25 days of paid holidays, mental health days, parental leave, home office allowance, commuting allowances, employee assistance programs, and pension schemes
- Wellbeing: exclusive onsite gym and fitness classes, personal training, meditation studio, sports clubs, in-house physio, and receive access to our nutritional and wellbeing programs
- Campus: extensive food and beverage offerings, top-notch restaurant, barista coffee bars, sky bar, monthly social events, weekly Thursday drinks, game nights, and campus-themed activities that will keep your social life busy
- Develop your career: whether you lead a team or contribute your own expertise, everyone is a leader at PVH. PVH University curates and delivers training programs for you to continuously develop your professional and personal goals
- Be at the forefront: stay closely connected to our brands, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, and be a part of seasonal market launches, sample sales and receive employee discounts!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS brands, with a breadth of collections including HILFIGER COLLECTION, TOMMY HILFIGER TAILORED, TommyXGigi, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. TOMMY HILFIGER, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 15,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 100 countries and more than 1,800 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the TOMMY HILFIGER brand were US $7.4 billion in 2017.
Stadhouderskade 6 Amsterdam
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert