Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity, and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily, positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to assist the Visual Merchandising & Display Manager, in overseeing and monitoring the visual merchandising standards within U.K shops, to collaborate on new VM ideas, initiatives and implementations.
• To oversee a designated area of shops (London Flagships) within the UK Retail Market as well as support across all UK/Denmark shops when required.
• To visit the UK shops regularly according to the VM calendar, merchandising the shop floor in line with the marketing calendar and the relevant commercial pushes.
• Document all moves through photographs that can be shared with the wider business and follow up all visits with a detailed email to recap on all points covered on the visit.
• Train and support in store retail teams instore VM’s on VM standards and support them remotely in between visits.
• Ensure that shops adhere to global VM, pricing and tagging guidelines and ensure they have all the props required and are utilising them in line with the global guidelines.
• Collaborate on new VM ideas, Initiatives, and implementations with the greater VM & Windows team.
• To support the Manager on all VM projects from to start to completion. This will include research, analysis, development, mock ups, and occasionally completing invoices, payments, and shipping.
Your Skills and Experience
• Credible experience of working within Visual Merchandising in the Retail industry.
• Able to work to a global Marketing plan and with seasonal buys.
• Experience of executing VM to an exceptional standard.
• Experience of curating furniture, artwork, and objects.
• Adept Planning, prioritisations, and organisational skills.
• Attentive to detail and proactive.
• Able to liaise effectively with different departments, communicate with people at all levels and build effective internal and external working relationships.
Who you are
• Has a passion for the Paul Smith brand and clothing in general.
• Have an appreciation of colour, imagery, and art.
• Creative thinker – able to think outside the box.
• Self-motivated and able to use initiative.
What’s in it for you
• A generous clothing allowance.
• A discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• An annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus Bank Holidays.
• Life insurance.
• Lifestyle discounts.
• Cycle to work and travel loan schemes.
• Access to our apprenticeship scheme.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognised and valued.