MANAGER I, TOOLING
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Closing date
- 23 May 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Full Time
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education & Experience:
- Responsible for tooling management throughout all development and production stages. Develops molds considering efficiency, lead-time, and quality to meet the needs of the Brands and end users in alignment with business strategies.
- Develop and implement tooling and manufacturing technologies and processes that improve innovation, efficiency and consistency (e.g. tooling construction, development process, assembly processes, bonding systems, trimming stations, etc.) of the footwear development and manufacturing process in collaboration with selected L1, L2, and mold vendors.
- Manage dedicated mold vendors with a focus on construction, cost, innovation, lead-times, quality and right the first-time mentality
- Weekly mold status updates to PD, Planning and Industrialization
- Mold flow analysis prior finalization of molds
- Research on new compound development/sustainability with a focus on mold design and commercialization timelines to ensure compound physical property standards and production viability
- Collaborate with mold suppliers and Planning to shorten manufacturing lead-times through continuous implementation of production improvements and pre-builds based on reliable forecasting data (follow up on daily output and bulk availability on time)
- Manage and coordinate mold transfers between factories/nominated supplier as needed to support brand sourcing strategy
- Create and maintain an accurate mold inventory reporting including location and quality status
- Prepare, organize and coordinate basic and advanced tooling technical trainings for all suppliers.
- Create PVH mold business related policies, standards & guidelines
- Maintain and enhance PVH tooling data security to ensure Intellectual Property is maintained
- Manage 2D to 3D drawing and apply technical knowledge to offer construction improvement in both molds and component production
- Manage and drive bottom-gauge making and grading operations
- Confirm the pre-production molds and mold components to be released for trials
- Provide technical solutions and manufacturability feedback on mold design or processes during development process.
- Support engineering and category teams during product commercialization by providing technical expertise regarding mold construction and processes.
- Manage the mold development process with L1 and L2 vendors across prototype, salesman samples, confirmation samples.
- Responsible for inspection of all development molds.
- Plan mold production authorization process according to need to buy ready requirements.
- Drive functional agenda at local level and collaborate with extended engineering teams and categories.
- Support manufacturing with production trouble shooting.
- Participates in defining tooling processes document and product trials.
- Conduct sample size mold trials according to the SOP to confirm the manufacturing process
- Validate and / or revise molds based on field testing results.
- Coordinates the scheduling & execution of commercialization/pre-production mold trials (EST, full size) to ensure PVH quality standards and requirements for the engineering and manufacturing of footwear are being adhered to.
- Continuously review mold and sole part making process improvements necessary to achieve best productivity, production quality consistency, product integrity and performance.
- Accountable to improve production efficiencies and accomplish consistent product quality in mass production.
- Mold Vendor sourcing and supply base management
- Vendor performance review
- PLM data management
- IDF implementation
- Embrace PVH's core values: Individuality, Partnership, Passion, Integrity, and Accountability.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 8 years with mold / sole part making experience in footwear or related field with a multinational company.
- Knowledge of part making efficiencies and cycle times.
- General knowledge/skills of mold making and industry standard grading rules.
- General knowledge of molds/bottom checking to find potential issues during pre-production trial for new developments.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills, able to communicate in Chinese is an advantage
- Good computer skills in Windows operating environment (Office, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Advanced computer skills in 2D / 3D software and / or output interpretations.
- Ability to create presentations in PowerPoint for senior management.
- Travel to remote factory is required
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert