Born between Bogota and Amsterdam, GAUGE81 (pronounced GO-SH EIGHTY ONE) is a proud celebration of two cultures. The brand articulates modern-day sensual femininity and blurs the line between casual and evening wear. Based in Amsterdam, on the iconic Keizersgracht, the brand is distributed globally at top-tier retailers world-wide. Our business activities include everything from the design, sourcing and manufacturing of the collections, as well as marketing and PR.
The Press and Sample Coordination Intern is a critical team member in GAUGE81’s Marketing Department. In this role you will be supporting the Marketing and Communications coordinator in the fulfilment of all incoming press requests, and the management of incoming and outgoing samples. You will be working daily with other departments as well as external agencies, including PR, Production & Development, Client Relations, and Creative Content. The role requires excellent communication skills in English, great attention to detail, the ability to plan, prioritize and oversee multiple tasks at the same time, and requires you to be a true team player.
In more detail, you’ll support the Marketing and Communications Coordinator in:
· Coordinating all sample requests for Clients, Press and VIPs Internationally (fulfil and follow up all sample requests until their return to the showroom).
· Daily communication with press, stylists, PR and other parties
· Tracking sample movements / flagging delays
· Returning samples (i.e. scanning samples back in)
· Sending out samples (creating DHL labels, packing & sending out)
· Maintaining and organizing the storage of samples
· Planning, managing and organizing sample sales
· Logging sample requests in our sample management system
· Monthly reporting on press and sample requests
· Drafting and creating customized lookbooks
· Creating digital showrooms
Our ideal intern has
· Strong/fluent English writing and communication skills
· Highly organized and detail-oriented
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Keynote
· A creative eye
· Affinity with the fashion industry
· Currently studies at an accredited college/university in marketing, advertising, communications, or similar area.
More about the role
· Start beginning or mid March 2023
· Full-time internship, 40 hours per week
· Required to be able to work at the office at least 4 days a week
· Fixed internship allowance
· Role is part of the marketing department, works closely with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator and Head of Marketing
· Beautiful office based on the iconic Keizersgracht in the city center of Amsterdam
· A warm and friendly company culture - the GAUGE81 team is truly an international and passionate family.
· End of month Friday team drinks