- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Service Transition Manager will manage the transition of multiple projects across the Product Development, Supply Chain & Sustainability portfolio. The role is critical in ensuring stability is maintained as capabilities move in to BAU. The Transition Manager will work across a complex multiple-functions, multi-supplier global landscape to achieve this.
- Lead in the service transition for projects and programmes across the Product Development, Supply Chain & Sustainability portfolio.
- Define the project requirements for all support, including acceptance into service, early life support / hypercare and ongoing support based on agreed service and technical designs.
- Partner with project teams to transition of all new and amended services to the Service Owners and Support Teams using agreed acceptance into service criteria.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure that Service Transition requirements are incorporated into all projects from the outset.
- Support the project team on creating the Transition Artifacts defined by the wider Burberry Transition and Support teams ensuring existing processes are followed and matured.
- Validate that the defined requirements have been met and reporting any gaps.
- Identify and manage Service Transition Risks and Issues in and between projects in the portfolio.
- Regular reporting on project Transition status to Service Manager and Portfolio Managers.
- Contribute to the communication of new and changed services to all affected parties.
- Ensure the Service Catalogue is maintained for new Services.
- Collaborate with the Portfolio Manager on project and programme audits.
- Demonstratable experience of multiple end-to-end transition lifecycles in complex multi-systems, multi-vendor global programmes.
- Comfortable building collaborative relationships with the ability to constructively challenge.
- Strong judgement, with willingness to take responsibility for project decisions.
- Experience in Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid delivery and service transition.
- Consulting background or similar experience preferable, with a high level of comfort with ambiguity.
- Experience in Product Development, Supply Chain and Retail is highly beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and work effectively with others at all levels across the business.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || PRODUCT & SUPPLY CHAIN || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert