- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 22 Apr 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Role: Merchandiser
Reporting to: Trading Director
Location: Head Office, White City Place, West London
Contract type: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Workplace Type: Hybrid
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business. In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for planning and trading a multi-product offer by developing effective merchandise, and range plans to shape the strategy of your departments, trade in season to maximise performance and capitalise on opportunities. You are required to utilise Regional nuances to plan and trade within different markets across differing markets. Work cross functionally to deliver financial KPIs in line with company strategy across an omni-channel portfolio. Be a positive and motivating team leader who develops and manages a close-knit team.
- Gain detailed understanding of company strategy (including sales growth, channel strategy, profit, trends and customer profile) and be instrumental in translating this to a category level.
- Evaluate current and historical information to produce Lessons Learnt and product strategy with Buyer, using analysis to form the foundations of a commercial and forward thinking department strategy.
- Create category sales and profit plans, making strategic decisions to ensure profit is always at the forefront and risks mitigated.
- Manage margin mechanics.
- Create WSSI to manage stock and OTB plans.
- Plan and develop balanced, commercial range, taking into account category trends, price, fashion risk, supplier, shapes, size ratios
- Plan sales and stock phasing to minimise stockholding whilst maximising sales opportunities
- Plan new options to deliver flow of newness into the business in line with monthly mailings whilst maximising sell throughs
- Be an expert in the Regional strengths and opportunities, harnessing data to maximise potential of departments as well as mitigate any potential risks.
- Trade the proposition identifying risk and opportunities to maximise profit
- Reforecast sales and profit parameters monthly
- Actively take steps to deliver department financial half KPIs in line with budget
- Manage stock levels and forecast to support sales
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Review, propose and implement mark-down activity to reduce terminal stock whilst analysing action taken on mark-downs to maximise profit
- Support Buyers in managing suppliers by giving visibility of performance and future business
- Maintaining awareness of competitors, performance and market trends
- Identify recruitment and training needs within the Merchandising team
- Set objectives and performance reviews of direct reports
- Build an effective and motivational team environment
- Drive succession planning within the team
- Support HoM with Topline reporting and planning.
- Owns a dedicated company focus area, working cross functionally with peers to ensure best practice with a customer first mindset.
- Be seen as a leader amongst merchandising peers; a key contributor to the daily running merchandising function.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record within a retail Head Office environment at Merchandiser level
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office suite
- Highly numerate and well organised
- Commercial mindset, intuitive and able to work with full autonomy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong management skills and a positive team leader
- Able to deputise for HoM
- Is a role model for peers
- Works cross functionally and spearheads companywide initiatives
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Awards
- Employee referral incentive
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid Training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer Day
- Tech scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses frames with Specsavers
- Real Living Wage Employer
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email email@example.com should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert