- New York City, New York (US)
- DOE - Please reach out directly
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- PR & Communications
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A Senior Publicist acts as an integral ambassador to both KCD and its clients and works to bring a professional, motivated, and diversified skills set to compliment the department and agency. They have the capacity and skill set to instill trust in clients and have strong relationships with a wide range of fashion, lifestyle and digital media persons. Having the capacity to prioritize and manage multiple projects will contribute to their overall Agency success. They will have the appropriate style and taste to serve as an exceptional brand ambassador for both KCD and its clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in pitching local and national broadcasting as well a lifestyle PR background.
- Provide support to Publicity Director and Agency Management with necessary management skills for both day to day and strategic long-term responsibilities Keen understanding and relevance in lifestyle, hospitality & retail industry related matters Maintains strong local and national broadcasting relationships with the ability to pitch stories Cultivate relationships with print & online editors and industry leaders Have keen understanding of the client’s image, ideals and goals in order to develop, lead and manage clients through seasonal strategy, product and special project pitches Provide a consistent, professional client experience and manage client expectations. Develop and execute feature stories, product placement, editorial reporting and analysis Manage press coverage Manage a team of Publicists/Junior Publicists on client sample trafficking accounts and delegate tasks Manage celebrity/VIP dressing and placements Manage client events while seamlessly collaborating with their in-house teams Cultivate relationships with Fashion and media industry persons to help grow KCD Global.
- A MINIMUM of 4-5 years’ experience working either in house or with an Agency in a Public Relations capacity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong time management skills, ability to multitask, intelligent – this role requires managing many different areas for several clients simultaneously, does not get stressed under pressure Knowledge and understanding of the lifestyle, hospitality & retail industries, as well as designers and emerging style Combination of creative and strategic thinking, ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side A degree in journalism, communications or English A strong work ethic Ability to work in team environment and actively engage both colleagues and clients in open communication
KCD is a global leader in brand experience with offices in New York, Paris, Los Angeles and London. For more than 35 years, the agency has developed and applied its unparalleled fashion expertise while also servicing culture-driven industries across popular, luxury and community pillars.
KCD’s teams work with brands that span emerging to established, amplifying new buzz and maintaining legacy power alike. With customized creative strategies, comprehensive public relations campaigns and world-class event solutions, KCD’s precision-focused execution makes an impact across today’s most relevant channels.
Always at the frontier of innovation, KCD is dedicated to a continuum of experience: Catalyzing it, creating it, and ensuring that it lasts.
475 10th Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert