Product Developer RTW & Accessories
- Axel Arigato
- Farringdon (London)
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
Our London based PD team is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented product developer, you will drive and oversee the development, maintenance, and performance of the RTW and Accessories here at Axel Arigato. A Passion for your work and willingness to learn and take part in all aspects of the product life cycle are key.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM
You will be part of the Product Development team, working closely with Design team and Production team. Joining our team of 3 made up of PD Manager and Intern, you will oversee the interns day to day, and be able to flex your mentorship capabilities.
We aim to keep our friendly and fun environment, where we work hard and have a passion for the product we produce. You will be working closely with the PD Manager, helping support on day to day tasks with opportunity to get involved in many parts of the business as we continue to grow and evolve. We all have a shared passion about what we do and would love a likeminded passionate individual to join our crew.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This list is not exhaustive, but we do want to set the expectations right that we are a broad working team-we help each other and work + support cross functionally. If you are looking for a role where you are the 'main character' this isn't the spot for you. Good, teamwork, professional vibes only.
Over all, this role is responsible for the end-to-end process for capsule RTW collection, ensuring highest
quality, standards, and margin. We also expect you to own and drive:
• Implementing and managing the critical path from concept to production with design
and manufacturers. Ensuring deadlines are adhered to, identifying, and mitigating any risks/challenges throughout the development process.
• Responsible for sample delivery.
• Creating tech packs and Boms. Working closely with Design team to ensure accuracy of tech packs sent out to factories, and liaise with the design team on style, fabric, and trim details to create initial tech packs through to prototyping.
• Responsible for ensuring functionality and ensuring products are developed that are fit for purpose for the customer, brand, and business needs.
• Manage the inhouse system, issuing and maintaining style numbers, product names, product descriptions and article codes.
• Sourcing and researching new raw materials and trims in collaboration with the sourcing dept.
• Support production team in meetings; follow ups at vendors, responsible for clear hand over of collection in preparation for production.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
If you consider yourself a tech-pack whiz kid, please read on!
Understanding we are a small business and constantly growing/ evolving, and you will be
required to help other depts on a regular basis, adapt to different situation and be open to
change as we put processes in place. This means we need someone who is super keen to
learn and develop their skills and get stuck in, being passionate about product is key. It is a
great opportunity for someone to grow and learn but you will be required to support the team
in different ways as opposed to the “usual” product development role.
We also seek someone with most of the following:
- 3ish years of professional experience within Product Development within RTW
- Good MS Office skills, Google sheets, as well as PLM understanding.
- Sound knowledge of processing procedures, product costing, materials, and fits
- An understanding of complex garment construction, print and embellishment.
- Experience in fitting garments.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously.
- Multi product knowledge, specifically outerwear.
- Strong organizational skills, experience of working in fast passed environment.
READY TO JOIN THE A-TEAM?
Thanks for reading this far-we appreciate it. If this ad sounds like you and you want to learn more and apply, please submit your CV in English and answer the screening questions before March 29, 2023.
We will contact qualified and interesting candidates within 3 weeks. All applicants will be updated within a month.
OUR VALUES : DROP
Diversity, Respect, Openness and Passion are our values that we live and breathe. They are the foundation for our current state and what we will always bring with us to the future.
Axel Arigato is an equal opportunity employer and we value a diverse workforce and diverse perspectives. We believe that our differences are a strength and that different life experiences and backgrounds are what makes magic happen. We aim for building a platform through the power of community, inclusivity and memorable experiences externally and internally.
We're Axel Arigato – a people-powered lifestyle brand.
Since launching in 2014 by Swedish natives Max Svärdh and Albin Johansson, we've been expanding our product offering which started with sneakers to include ready-to-wear for men, women and kids as well as lifestyle accessories. By forgoing seasonal collections and engaging with our customers directly, we aim to democratise the luxury fashion market delivering an exceptional price/value proposition. The brand is socially-driven and we insert our community into the buying experience by utilising social media platforms as a tool to understand consumer needs, preferences and desires. The goal is to create a brand that brings people together, through the power of positivity, community and memorable experiences.
The brand believes in the Swedish/Japanese philosophy behind minimalism and this is the main source of inspiration for the brand. The word Arigato or Thank You in Japanese, originally and literally means "difficult to exist". It was used to express that something was valuable and not easily found.
We have two main offices in Göteborg, Sweden and London, England.
Stora Badhusgatan 37
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert