Lab & Color Operations Manager
- Swim USA
- Easton, Pennsylvania
- Salary, annual bonus program, excellent benefits 1st of the month after 30 days of employment
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Lab & Color Operations Manager monitors' fabric quality and color consistency from sample stage through production. This is including inspection, physical and colorfastness testing for internal brands, private label, and retailer standards. Assistance in fabric sourcing, color corrections/approvals and the testing of new fabrics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise testing of fabric samples and production
- Maintain fabric specification files
- Maintain minimum performance standards by customer
- Test, compare and report on new fabric developments
- Report on and aid in resolving fabric quality issues
- Resolve 3rd party testing fabric failures
- Prepare in-house test reports for customers
- Manage and supervise PD Lab team and work closely to ensure alignment with fabric testing and color decisions. This includes all lab dip, print strike-offs, and 1st production submit approvals
- Assists team with color corrections on prints and approves recurrent production submits for all solids and prints
- Set color standards, monitor, and update as necessary
- Maintain shade bands on every color/fabric
- Communicate with suppliers on fabric or color variations from standard and any other issues
- Release domestic goods based on passing colorfastness tests and color matching
- Complete Zwick (elongation & modulus) tests as needed
- Review and rate colorfastness tests daily. This includes light and chlorinated pool tests as needed
- Maintain Lab equipment including calibrations and ordering supplies and chemicals
- All other duties as assigned by Senior Product Development & Fabric Manager
Education: Degree in Textile Materials Technology, Textile Engineering, Textile Design, or equal experience.
Experience: Minimum 7 to 10 years' experience in fabric manufacturing to include knitting, weaving, dyeing, finishing, printing, color and/ or fabric testing. Familiarity with 4 Point system for QC on textiles.
Skills: Ability to make quality and color decisions based on test results and industry experience. Organize and supervise workflow in lab. Develop test methods related to fabric and trim usage in a garment. Superior color discrimination according to the Munsell 100-hue color test. Knowledge of AATCC and ASTM test methods.
Travel: Occasional travel to trade shows, Printers, Mills, New York offices, AATCC meetings and suppliers
Working Conditions: office (5 days per week)
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand, sit and walk for up to 8 hours per day.
All candidates must provide proof of at least 1 (one) Covid vaccination at the time an offer is made or contact the SWIM USA Human Resources team, if eligible for an exemption.
SWIM USA is EOE
Swim USA designs, markets, and manufactures women’s swimwear for consumers around the world. Our long-term success was founded on the principles of delivering high quality apparel, superior customer service, and a strong team-oriented culture. We pride ourselves on being a leader in the industry continuously outperforming expectations in all facets of our business.
610 Uhler Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert