- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The Commercial IT Team have responsibility for the delivery of IT in Burberry stores and Commercial offices. Partnering into the Business to ensure the alignment of regional technology strategies that underpin the business strategy. The Commercial IT team provide project capability to set up, support changes to (including new technology role outs) and close our stores. We manage 3rd Parties who provide day-to-day IT support for stores, offices, and Supply Chain sites.
The Project Manager for EMEIA Commercial IT is responsible for partnering with key business stakeholders to capture & manage the technology demands to drive our business commercial goals. You will support the EMEIA IT Programme Delivery Senior Manager and work on our portfolio of Projects.
This post is for 12 months FTC Maternity Cover.
The role is a fantastic opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, with a great team and an outstanding brand. You will be Project Managing Store IT Infrastructure/Retail Technology for our Stores, Offices and Warehouses. The range of technology spans across everything from Network, POS, Payment, AV to stock management devices.
The range of technologies, systems and business functions you will have exposure to, makes this role incredibly exciting and an opportunity to grow your skillset.
We are looking for high energy levels and a genuine passion to deliver to the highest standard.
We have an exciting IT roadmap to deliver and would love you to be part of that.
- Your role would see you taking projects from the inception, through to go-live and hand over to support.
- You would be expected to track and deliver within your budget, across multiple projects.
- We would expect you to manage 3rd parties and maintain fantastic working relationships with them.
- You will be able to call on support and expertise from the entire IT team where we have competency in SAP, Infrastructure, Security, Retail technology, etc...
- Projects would be delivered within our project framework and following our internal processes.
- You will be working hard to ensure we leverage our 3rd parties and ensure they deliver to the standards which we expect.
- You will help us to continually improve and deliver the best customer experience possible.
- You will be able to work across many functions including Retail, Wholesale, Supply Chain.
- There will be occasional travel across the EMEIA region.
- Open, honest, dynamic and pragmatic
- Desire to deliver quality
- Able to engage with people at all levels and build strong relationships
- Proven ability to control & plan project budgets
- IT Domain expertise
- Demonstrable experience of using or implementing new processes using technology
- Proven ability to develop and build relationships and partner with senior stakeholders within the business and IT
- Experience in documenting requirements resulting in quality deliverables, with limited direction
- Self-directed and independent worker who can also lead through cross-functional and cross-organisational projects
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both technical and business settings
- Self-motivated, creative, passionate and able to acclimate into a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated interest in the creative industries, retail or consumer goods
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || COMMERCIAL (REGIONAL) || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert