Axel Arigato is offering a full-time position for a RTW Designer with a great technical knowhow, especially in - but not limited to - cut & sewn and fully fashion knits and a passion for womenswear and unisex garments. The position is based in our new creative- and design studio in London. We are a fast growing category within the Axel Arigato brand, complementing the product offer around our iconic sneakers.
MORE ABOUT THE TEAM & ROLE
Axel Arigato RTW stands for elevated classics, items that are unique, yet widely understandable and wearable, always with a strong connection to youth culture and the music scene, establishing season by season a more holistic and unique point of view. The candidate should have a unique perspective and an overall understanding for street- and luxury mens and womenswear, balancing between cool, luxurious and approachable, and should obtain great technical design skills to follow through from initial concept idea to technical drawings and tech packs. A good understanding for pattern making as well as draping and sewing skills are necessary.
The primary function of this role is to work closely together with the Head of RTW Design, on executing the overall design vision, translating concept sketches and ideas into technical drawings and tech packs -- and contributing with own ideas and designs especially within womenswear. This role covers a wide assortment of seasonal and carry over products and is not limited to specific product categories. The role demands creativity, conceptual thinking, as well as great technical knowledge in garment construction, fabric and trims.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This role is over all supporting the Head of RTW in daily matters, maintaining overviews, moodboards, and an organized and structured storing of all styles and ideas. You will also be critical in contributing to the overall collection with own product design ideas, research, sketches, moodboards, fabric ideas, concepts and references. You will be part of
- translating concept sketches and inspiration into technical drawings and specs-take responsibility for technical solutions, construction of garments, pattern and specs references-create consistency and brand identity together with the Head of RTW
- creating technical product specs across different product categories within mens- and womenswear (can vary from season to season slightly)
- work in close collaboration with the Product development team and other departments to ensure smooth processes from idea to shelf. -create and maintain updated collection overviews, moodboards and research
- take responsibility before, during and after fittings for your respective products, from measuring to commenting and updating styles, to final handovers
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We seek that magical balance of a creative yet technically strong designer who loves our product and wants to join the brands identity journey. You should also have most of the following:
- Degree in fashion design or related discipline
- 3-4 years working experience in RTW design and tech design
- High efficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Additional software skills, eg. Clo3D are much appreciated
- Ability to clearly complete tech specs fast, detailed and consistent-have a strong sense for market trends, product quality and luxury fabrics
- Obtain the highest level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Team players only please
READY TO JOIN THE A-TEAM?
Thanks for reading this far-we appreciate it. If this ad sounds like you and you want to learn more and apply, please submit your CV in English + your updated portfolio, and answer the screening questions before March 30, 2023.
We will contact qualified and interesting candidates within 3 weeks. All applicants will be updated within a month.
To see more about our company and careers we welcome you to AXEL ARIGATO - Careers.
OUR VALUES : DROP
Diversity, Respect, Openness and Passion are our values that we live and breathe. They are the foundation for our current state and what we will always bring with us to the future.
Axel Arigato is an equal opportunity employer and we value a diverse workforce and diverse perspectives. We believe that our differences are a strength and that different life experiences and backgrounds are what makes magic happen. We aim for building a platform through the power of community, inclusivity and memorable experiences externally and internally.