Communication Director - Fashion
- Karla Otto
- Paris, Ile-de-France (FR)
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- PR & Communications
- Director / President / C Suite
- Contract Type
- Full Time
At Karla Otto we are always looking for personalities with positive charisma who are enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate.
The PR Director, Fashion for the Paris office will be a self-starter, but also a team player with the ability to lead and motivate others. An individual in this role will possess substantive industry knowledge and passion for Fashion.
The candidate must have an interest in fashion, entertainment and lifestyle trends and luxury culture. A true team player and committed mentor, this individual will be collaborative and eager to share ideas and information with all Karla Otto offices and teams.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS INCLUDE:
- Develop and drive a 360 marketing and communication strategy to support the growth of brands (print, digital, PR, marketing calendar, events) for which you will be responsible;
- Lead daily customer requests;
- Develop a permanent and trusting relationship with clients;
- Negotiate special projects (interviews, editos, cover stories...);
- Manage the organization of events (parades, presentations, press trips, etc.);
- Create and manage communications tools (press releases and kits, collectibles);
- Performing balance sheets and monitoring customer performance;
- Coordinate collections and products with teams;
- Participate in the strategic development of the agency;
- Be an ambassador for the agency and be pro-active in the customer approach;
- Develop and maintain your network with Editors, Journalists, Influencers, etc.
- Monitor KPI’s and budgets;
- Liaise with other Karla Otto offices and create synergies with other Independents Group agencies;
- Manage the team.
KEY ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS :
- 8 years of relevant industry experience;
- Demonstrate solid understanding and ongoing interest of fashion industry;
- French and English speaker;
- Connections with press, media, influencers and social contacts preferred;
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and projects;
- Results oriented;
- Digital communication tools & Fashion GPS knowledge;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities and effectively delegate to juniors where appropriate;
- Oral and written communication skills.
JOIN US :
Permanent contract open asap at the Paris office.
Karla Otto is an international brand, communications & digital agency for industry leaders across fashion, beauty, design and lifestyle. It was established over 30 years ago in Milan, with offices subsequently opened in Paris, London, New York, Los Angeles, and most recently in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai & Seoul. Karla Otto embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Karla Otto provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our team!
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1982, Karla Otto is a full-service brand-building agency, operating from twelve cities across the globe, Milano, Paris, London, Munich, Dubai, New York, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul.
WHAT WE DO
Karla Otto’s service is unparalleled. Built on the founder’s pioneering spirit, discerning eye and intuition, our global team is dedicated to delivering work that expertly combines detail and local precision with large-scale impact.
Blending the best of fashion, beauty, design, lifestyle, and arts & culture, we offer a panoramic view of opportunities and the ability to execute complex ideas.
Our loyal network and unrivalled approach to culture and community enables us to take brands to brave new territories.
At Karla Otto we are always interested in hearing from our industry's experts in Strategy, Creative, Talent, Experiences and Communication. If you are a driven to deliver excellence, agile and conscientious, as well as want to work with remarkable clients, please review our openings.
The Independents is a global group of industry leaders across luxury and lifestyle, comprising Bureau Betak, Karla Otto, Bureau Future, K2, The Qode and Lefty. The collective is powerfully positioned to offer streamlined strategy, creative, talent, influencer marketing, experiences and communications services for leading brands across key territories. To find out more, please visit:
- +44 207 287 9890
30 Sackville Street — London W1S 3DY
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert