Please note: this is a 12 month placement for university students who will then return to their studies. If this is not applicable to you, please apply to our 'Trainee Merchandiser' scheme.
Are you ready to Take On Merchandising?
If you're looking for a 12 month placement where you can use your strong analytical skills and eye for product, this is the role for you... About the team:
Working alongside your buying, technology and design colleagues, you will support the merchandising team from analysing sales to ordering stock from suppliers all over the world. About the role:
A 12 month placement designed to support the merchandising team on a daily basis while acquiring the required skills to develop as a future Merchandiser. You will...
- Analyse last year's sales to forecast what will sell well in future seasons.
- Negotiate, order and manage deliveries with suppliers from Europe to the Far East.
- Review sales daily, to help manage stock levels in store and online.
- Accurately update key merchandising systems.
Technical skills/business skills required:
- You are organised and can manage and prioritise a wide range of tasks.
- A great communicator, you will build excellent relationships both internally and externally.
- You are able to interpret data and see opportunities.
- You thrive in a fast paced, busy environment.
- Approachable and at your best in a team environment.
As part of your application, please include a cover letter detailing the below:
- Highly numerate, with a basic understanding of percentages.
Salary: £21,775 for 12 month placement #graduate #trainee #graduatejob #graduateschemeAbout Us
- Why should Next offer you a role as a Trainee Merchandiser?
- What skills and interests do you have that relate to the Trainee Merchandiser role?
- Why are you interested in joining Next?
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking