Enterprise Systems and Web Specialist, IT Enterprise Applications
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
- Full Time
The Enterprise Systems and Web Specialist will develop and support various web and mobile-based applications, a college portal, and various enterprise systems, services, and utilities as directed by the Enterprise Applications [EA] manager. It will maintain technical and procedural competence related to EA's operations while working within a high-paced, collaborative environment that includes emergency outage incidents. Work may be team/project work or independent, across multiple locations, and at times include irregular hours and/or on-call requirements.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide operational, technical, design, and programming support/leadership of 3rd party/custom apps/systems/services using standards/best practices/stakeholder coordination. Develop deep business/functional understanding of systems. Manage/administer EA systems/services as SME. Deliver high quality/tested code. Manage SDLC (specs, prototypes, database, ETL needs, launch). Analyze/optimize EA's systems' performance.
- Provide excellent customer/technical service, project work, per policies/standards. Resolve system conflicts, fix code, to ensure high uptime/on-time delivery. Respond to incidents. At times perform maintenance/outage support at irregular hours. Assist w/Tier 1/2 help desk support for new/reconfigured EA systems/services.
- Maintain EA's existing environment, working with vendors/3rd parties. Develop/implement new technology. Investigate problems; fix defects. Manage/support bug fixes/patches/migrations/upgrades. Manage issues/risk related to system performance/optimization. Maintain competence in related technology.
- Orient/train/crosstrain/mentor or assist in training appropriate stakeholders.
- Implement automation/improvement initiatives. Perform full SDLC/IT Governance activities. Follow standards/architectural guidelines to design/write code. Monitor/report on industry trends/technologies/standards. Review/recommend new versions/systems/modules/workflows for implementation. Execute operationally/technically on approved roadmap prioritized by Manager. Develop/implement technology and develop/update SOPs/best practices as directed by Manager.
- Write/publish guides/procedures/SDLC support docs/code docs, etc for existing/reconfigured/new EA technologies/impacted infrastructure. Annotate/categorize/store all code per SOPs. Provide docs/knowledge transfer to help desk staff. Provide operational updates/reports.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position. For detailed tasks and work instructions, click here .
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience (preferably within higher education) in both system/service support and development and software application design and development using current technologies, web frameworks, and API libraries.
- Proficiency with one or more Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] systems, preferably related to higher education such as Luminis Portal (Liferay), Banner, PeopleSoft, Jenzabar, Colleague, PowerCampus, Central Square, or similar.
- Development experience with Groovy/Grails and Web API development is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining applications/services/systems in the following operating environments: UNIX/Linux (Red Hat) and Windows Server, using Tomcat, Active Directory, and LDAP.
- Proven experience delivering technical guidance and collaborating with business stakeholders throughout all phases of the software development life cycle [SDLC].
- Experience with large scale databases - preferably Oracle (SQL Server is an added plus) -- and with writing and supporting APIs, system interfaces, and ETLs.
- Proven portal administration, configuration, and support, particularly using Internet Information Services [IIS], including single sign-on [SSO] & authentication administration (e.g. via WSO2, CAS, SAML, Shibboleth), as well as generation, installation, configuration, and updates of certificates.
- Ability to work under minimal direction, on multiple projects, and under tight project deadlines; lead or assist with emergency support as directed by the EA Manager.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, collaboration, problem-solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Frequent; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Frequent
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Constant; Stand- Frequent; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- Occasional ; Push- N/A; Lift
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment.
Starting Salary: $85,860 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 96, after one year of service and annually thereafter.
( See Successor Agreement, page 8)
Job Title: Web System Specialist (CBA)
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Enterprise Systems and Web Specialist in the IT Enterprise Applications Department.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for 70 years. Providing a blend of hands-on experience, classroom study, and liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are affordable and relevant to today’s rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college grants associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
Among our wide variety of Art and Design programs are Accessories Design, Interior Design, and Toy Design; Business and Technology majors range from Fashion Business Management to International Trade and Marketing to Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing. Our outstanding faculty offer students experiences that mirror the marketplace and give them a competitive edge.
Notable alumni designers include Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Reem Acra, Brian Atwood, Francisco Costa, Norma Kamali, Nanette Lepore, Bibhu Mohapatra, and Ralph Rucci. Other prominent graduates include Leslie Blodgett, creator of Bare Minerals; international hotel and restaurant designer Tony Chi; Nina Garcia, creative director, Marie Claire; Edward Menicheschi, chief marketing officer, Condé Nast; and Joe Zee, editor in chief and executive creative officer, Yahoo Style.
The Museum at FIT, one of the world’s leading collections of fashion and textiles, houses more than 50,000 garments and accessories and more than 300,000 textiles and swatches.
Learn more at fitnyc.edu.
Seventh Avenue at 27th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert