Account Assistant, Lifestyle & Wellness
- Karla Otto
- New York City, New York (US)
- Up to $42,000
- Closing date
- 20 Apr 2023
- PR & Communications
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
At Karla Otto we are always looking for personalities with positive charisma who are enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate.
The Account Assistant is an entry level public relations position that works closely with account coordinators and account managers to fulfill client needs. The Account Assistant will work with the lifestyle public relations team to ensure smooth running of the division in daily tasks and as it relates to the entire agency. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or journalism. The candidate should have strong writing, research and organization skills, be willing to adjust to a variety of client temperaments and personalities and be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a project accurately and on time. Should have a can-do attitude and be a team player.
Assist and working closely with the Coordinator and Manager:
- Actively involved in pitching to press and developing and writing pitches with a creative flair
- Be available to work on and support on events, photoshoots, projects, shows as needed
- Be proactive in making and cultivating relationships with members of press by making appropriate entertainment appointments and handling/arranging on-location appointments
- Updating contact database
- Conducting and completing market and industry research
- Prepare agendas and media updates for client calls
- Compile reports on each client
- Compile and send out editorial clippings to clients on a daily basis
- Responsible for maintaining and creating editorial clipping books for each client
Undertake administrative tasks such as internal reports and filings etc.
- Minimum of at least 6 month - 1 year experience as public relations intern
- Associate or bachelor degree required in advertising, PR, marketing, communication or related field
- The candidate should have strong communication skills (both written and oral), research, and organization skills
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Accomplishes tasks accurately, thoroughly, and with a keen eye for detail both with quantitative and qualitative data
- Willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a project accurately and on time
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong work ethic
- Must be efficient in Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, Fashion GPS
Karla Otto is an international brand, communications & digital agency for industry leaders across fashion, beauty, design and lifestyle. It was established over 30 years ago in Milan, with offices subsequently opened in Paris, London, New York, Los Angeles, and most recently in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai & Seoul.
Karla Otto embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Karla Otto provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our team!
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1982, Karla Otto is a full-service brand-building agency, operating from twelve cities across the globe, Milano, Paris, London, Munich, Dubai, New York, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul.
WHAT WE DO
Karla Otto’s service is unparalleled. Built on the founder’s pioneering spirit, discerning eye and intuition, our global team is dedicated to delivering work that expertly combines detail and local precision with large-scale impact.
Blending the best of fashion, beauty, design, lifestyle, and arts & culture, we offer a panoramic view of opportunities and the ability to execute complex ideas.
Our loyal network and unrivalled approach to culture and community enables us to take brands to brave new territories.
At Karla Otto we are always interested in hearing from our industry's experts in Strategy, Creative, Talent, Experiences and Communication. If you are a driven to deliver excellence, agile and conscientious, as well as want to work with remarkable clients, please review our openings.
The Independents is a global group of industry leaders across luxury and lifestyle, comprising Bureau Betak, Karla Otto, Bureau Future, K2, The Qode and Lefty. The collective is powerfully positioned to offer streamlined strategy, creative, talent, influencer marketing, experiences and communications services for leading brands across key territories. To find out more, please visit:
- +44 207 287 9890
30 Sackville Street — London W1S 3DY
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert