Senior Designer, Architecture
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 25 Apr 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As a Senior Architectural Designer at Burberry, you will be creating meaningful, innovative and experience-led retail spaces for a consumer-focused luxury brand on a global scale. This is a hands-on role, which will cover both the creative conception and drawing of interior spaces, and requires a true interiors/architectural expert who has the desire to deliver the highest levels of design standards for a British brand. You will have the opportunity to work across a host of creative functions, facades, furniture, fixtures and finishes alongside built environments and installation experience led spaces, developing creative ideas in very different final landing spaces.
- Working closely with the Architectural Design Director on all physical retail environments, taking ownership for the creative concept across all elements of store designs and spaces within your portfolio
- Presenting store concepts and business rationale to both internal stakeholders and external partners, detailing all aspects of the project
- Pivoting and working across a host of projects, covering flagship store design, pop-ups and experiences in retail through consumer interacting elements (fixtures and furniture)
- Build strong relationships within your team and cross functionally to ensure cohesion and collaboration in every project
- Materials sourcing with a firm focus on sustainability and feasibility as well as luxury
- Contributing to our retail design standards across the portfolio globally, including brand guidelines, template sets and fixture design to ensure a global consistency across retail
- Engaging with the external market to spot trends, innovation and creativity that will contribute to commercial streams
- Extensive experience of architecture design in a luxury retail setting
- Degree level education in Architecture or Interior Design
- Expert user of Vectorworks, AutoCad and Photoshop
- Fluency in English essential
- Creative design sensibility and confidence
- Technical capability and ability to influence and negotiate confidently with stakeholders and cross-functional partners
- Knowledge of current market trends and competitor approaches
- Well organised and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and share information effectively
- Experience as a manager/leader of people desirable
- Knowledge of construction project management and process useful
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert